• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are there any good Case dealers left?

mitch504

I need a recommendation for a good case construction dealer anywhere in the US that will ship me parts. My "local" Case dealer is 75 miles away, and I will not be doing anymore business with them, if I can help it. I have good Deere, John Deere(ag), CaseIH, and Cat dealers available, but I get most New Holland parts from Messicks in Pa because their service beats the local New Holland outfit.

What I need is a good Case ce outfit that will just UPS me parts for the list price on the Case ce website plus shipping, without ripping me off, or being unpleasant to deal with.

I have used ebackhoe parts, and like them, but there are many parts they can't get. I see coleman equipment all over the net, and will be trying them, if nobody has any better ideas.

Thanks guys, sorry for the rant, but I don't appreciate being charged 188% of what I am quoted, nor being charged $46 to UPS 5 pounds from one business to another 75 miles apart.

Mitch

tbone1471

There are no good case dealers around me as well. They have upset me so much that I will not even entertain buying a used case machine let alone a new one. The local deere and cat dealers are great. Dealer support is everything. If they can't service you buy a different machine.

El Hombre

The ridiculous shipping charges are a result of vendors discovering shipping could be a 'profit center'. My experience is the shipping provides most of the profit, not the mark up on what I'm buying. I just had 12 pounds shipped 2000 miles for $7, I'll use them again.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
I used to buy from Southeastern Equipments Columbus branch. The Gallipolis branch was supposed to be my branch, but they wouldn't really take time to listen to you. They gave me a small hassle at first, but I said I'll buy my parts where I want to not where you want me to, we had a great relationship from then on(till I changed jobs).

d9gdon

I will vouch for the one in Odessa, TX - Permian Tractor. I only used them for parts but they were very helpful and everything I worked on was over 20 years old. They're still in an older building and shop, not one of those 2 million dollar dealerships. Maybe that's why they were good, they weren't all stressed out from the giant overhead payment of a massive dealership.

wrc

I live about 35 miles from coleman. I use them when I have to they do have a fair stock of parts on hand but I find them a little over priced and a little less then friendly in the service dept. and unless you walk in forget calling them. I do a lot of business with VLP in topeka. 785-267-4345. ask for Roger. I have also had fair luck with Titian Machinery but do not have their contact info handy. Just my opinions for what there worth.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'm very happy with Townline Equipment in Plainfield NH. They aren't close to me, but they have been very helpful.

In VT I share a last name with the dealer. Last time I went to them for parts they wanted to know how to spell my last name. I was without words! They seemed disinterested in my needs.

bteigrob

ASCO here in Houston has gotten better lately. They still like to over charge on shipping but i solved that issue when i created a charge account with UPS and told them to ship everything on my account

JSharp

Resurrecting an old thread but it may be helpful...

OP you said you have a good local Case IH ( red ag tractor ) dealer as opposed to a Case CE ( yellow orange construction tractor ) dealer. If you make a login on the Case IH site ( the red tractor site ) and select your good local dealer you can order parts from Case and have them shipped to that dealer.

The system doesn't know or care if the part is for an ag tractor or a construction tractor. If the part number is valid it will ship to your dealer of choice.

Dickjr.

Wilson Equipment in Lexington KY are pretty dang good and the staff are friendly. You might try them.

Shimmy1

Resurrecting an old thread but it may be helpful...

OP you said you have a good local Case IH ( red ag tractor ) dealer as opposed to a Case CE ( yellow orange construction tractor ) dealer. If you make a login on the Case IH site ( the red tractor site ) and select your good local dealer you can order parts from Case and have them shipped to that dealer.

The system doesn't know or care if the part is for an ag tractor or a construction tractor. If the part number is valid it will ship to your dealer of choice.
Has Case changed things? Used to do this a lot back in the 90's, but some things didn't work, would come up "CE dealer only".

JSharp

Has Case changed things? Used to do this a lot back in the 90's, but some things didn't work, would come up "CE dealer only".

Not sure... I have an old IH ag tractor I've been buying parts from for a few years via a local Case/IH ag dealer. The closest construction dealer is quite a few more miles from me so I tried entering the P/N's I needed for the 580CK I just bought and they consistently come up. Not every part mind you, but enough to get what I wanted without driving 40 miles instead of 15.

Tinkerer

I have been buying parts for my T/L/B over the counter at the local CNH - Case Ag dealership for a long time. They can access the construction parts book in their computer with no problem. They even offer delivery within two days for a very small charge.

Juskatla

Occupation
Retired
I will put in a plug for Dale Weiss at Tractorstuff in Indiana. Dale has both CNH and aftermarket parts available although he is not a Case dealer. He is very familiar with these tractors and has been a lot of help with sorting out my needs for my 580CK rebuild project. I can't say the same for the local million dollar Case dealer. The parts guys try, but have nothing in stock and only order occasionally unless I am willing to pay for the courier. Dale send me stuff USPS and I have had some of it in 5 days, including the border inspection. Canada Post only charges a few bucks handling and collects the HST and provincial sales tax. Courier would be quicker, but way more expensive and then they charge outrageous 'brokerage' fees for the border paperwork. In the past, it was more than the value of the books I purchased.
Dealing with someone local would be great but there isn't much choice up here.

Shimmy1

Kind of funny, now that this thread has popped back up. So, I had oil and filters picked up this weekend for my 1500 hour service on the 210. Had it picked up in Fargo because that's where my guy was at to get it. Got to shop this morning and discovered they sent full synthetic 0W-40, and I've been using Case No. 1 15W-40 on my intermediate changes because my dealer has been using that on the regular interval. I call my regular dealer in Bismarck to find out why I was sent synthetic, and the service manager has no clue. So, I call Fargo. Turns out that the machine was sent out new with synthetic (just like ALL new machines sold in ND), and that's what it is supposed to have in it. Back to Bismarck. After several attempts, finally had the service manager admit that (A)it came with synthetic, (B)it was supposed to have synthetic, (C)they had never put synthetic in it, and (D)had no idea why any of this had happened. What I'd like to know is was this all deliberate and are they doing it to everyone, or am I an isolated incident.

Last edited:

Welder Dave

I'd want some credit for future parts and/or service from them. The GF bought a new car (Nissan) that came with synthetic oil and had 2 free oil changes included. The salesman said it would get synthetic oil because it has a turbo and that's what came with it. She took it in for service and stated it's supposed to get synthetic oil. When she went to pick it up they charged her $40 extra for synthetic oil. BS! She talked to the sales guy and he agreed but then the general manager of the dealership claimed it wasn't in writing. If I was that salesman, I'd have either paid the difference since I'm the one who forgot to write it down and/or tore a strip off the manger. It was a $30K+ car and they won't be getting our business anymore. On a much more expensive excavator it's an even bigger deal. Somebody knew about it and is now playing dumb. I'd be livid!

Shimmy1

Somebody knew about it and is now playing dumb. I'd be livid!
Believe me, it was all I could do to act civil towards the service manager in Bismarck after the guys in Fargo told me the machines come with synthetic, and that Pro-Care calls for synthetic. When he claimed he had absolutely no idea why I haven't been getting synthetic, all I really wanted to ask is if he was incompetent or just plain stupid. All he could do was try and assure me that no damage was done by not running it, and not to worry about switching over to it.

Welder Dave

Tell them you want a 2 year extended warranty thrown in. If he's sure it did no damage shouldn't be a problem. The guy we hired to clear about 4 1/2 acres (JD 850J WLT) and layout a flat track motorcycle track made a hand shake deal on a low hour Case 210 like yours but it was at a different location of the dealer. When it was supposed to be arriving he went in to see it in person and sign the final paper work. It wasn't there. After getting a bunch of BS, he found out the manager at the other branch didn't like the deal and sold it to someone else for a higher price. He had already bought an 850K Case dozer from them but won't be buying from them anymore. That's just a rotten way to treat customers. He found an older JD 690E in good shape.