• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are diagnostic tools available for IHI or other brands?

blaster2005

I have a chance to upgrade my mini excavator to a larger 2018 IHI 55. I'm concerned about being able to work on it! If it has to go to the dealer, I might be better off with the old one, I can work on. Wanting to know if diagnostic tools are available for this or other brands, that really work? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks, Mike

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Most of those lower tier manufacturers don't have much for support in the way of diagnostic tools or on board programs and what is there is generally kept a deep secret for their service departments only. It's a great question to ask before you make a purchase. I would make it a part of the sales contract that the dealer has to provide all information on updates and access to all on board programing and diagnostic programs. Usually the sales reps just say stare at you for a bit trying to wait you out and not provide an answer.