• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Apprenticeship

coleenj78

So I'm getting ready to go to casa grande to take heavy equipment apprenticeship testing. Was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions. Thank you

Oxbow

I started to write a whole bunch of do's and don'ts, but if you read some of the posts on this forum you will have access to more information than can be digested in a short time.

coleenj78

Yeah, ive been reading a lot on here and it's giving me great info.
I've been interested in getting into heavy equipment for years and can finally do it.
I appreciate any and all tips

Digger_Mike

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
have fun with everything! never be afraid to challenge yourself.. good luck with it all and be safe!:)

coleenj78

That's my big thing, stepping out of my comfort zone, I've been around construction in every sense since I was a kid but doing it for a living is a little different and I will not fail as it is my future, thank you much

Digger_Mike

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
That's an awesome mindset! Stepping out of a comfort zone is never easy, and for some is life changing. Before i got into equipment operation, i was a journeyman parts technician of ten years. I loved helping people, but i still day dreamed daily about my child hood fantasy of operating equipment. Being unhappy, getting stuck in a comfort zone, and not living life how i wanted were all constant reminders of how i needed a change. Five years ago i quit everything i knew, and went for it. I took some heavy equipment training, and started as a ground laborer.. but never once backed down from a challenge. Working hard and having a great attitude goes a long way, and i am now one of the lead excavator operators on site, and love every second of it.

Keep your chin up and have fun with life, it is too short to be passed by everything you didn't do or have wanted to do. :drinkup

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Operating is a very rewarding trade.
Don't get frustrated with the new crop of college educated clip board holders that run jobs these days and you will do fine.