• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone using the CAT306CR?

MH110

We were looking at a CAT305.5, but then this thing came along and I am impressed by the features, but zero stick time.

I think its bad@$$ that you could put a 4n1 where the front blade goes...obviously you're not going to be loading any trucks with the XTC part, but I can think of several jobs where that would have been useful to either bring a buck-load of material with me or move a bucket load around where I was digging. Personally, I'd probably get more use out of an angle blade, not sure if the XTC function can do angles too, probably not.

The stick steer travel mode is neat too, sounds like several of their models will be equipped.

I would also opt for the steel tracks with rubber pads, long stick, enclosed cab, aux & 2nd aux hydraulics, counterweight, etc.

Generally, I like to rent a machine several times before I go pull the trigger, but I think the big local fleets haven't gotten any in yet.

Any thoughts?

Canadian_digger

I too like idea of stick steer. Only thing it’s electric over hydraulic controls. I had a Cat 279C and wasn’t impressed with them. I’m sure they have gotten better. But in my opinion you can’t beat standard pilot controls.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I recently bought a 304E2CR at work and I wish the stick steer had been available on it. I've got more time in my Cat 248 skid steer than any other machine and find myself constantly dropping the boom to maneuver the machine. The transit sticks/pedals just aren't located well for me, I get uncomfortable both with the sticks and pedals on a long run.

The XTC feature looks interesting. The number of attachments that would work with this machine will be limited but it certainly will make it more versatile!

MH110

I too like idea of stick steer. Only thing it’s electric over hydraulic controls. I had a Cat 279C and wasn’t impressed with them. I’m sure they have gotten better. But in my opinion you can’t beat standard pilot controls.

I don’t have any time on the C-series CAT machines, but the new D-series have adjustable sensitivity settings. I had some experience on several bobcat machines but never really took to the controls and I really didn’t trust myself on the pedals!

We have an old John Deere 110 TLB, everything is direct, very little electronics, I like it, but not more than the CAT, just different.

MH110

I recently bought a 304E2CR at work and I wish the stick steer had been available on it. I've got more time in my Cat 248 skid steer than any other machine and find myself constantly dropping the boom to maneuver the machine. The transit sticks/pedals just aren't located well for me, I get uncomfortable both with the sticks and pedals on a long run.

The XTC feature looks interesting. The number of attachments that would work with this machine will be limited but it certainly will make it more versatile!

I’ve only tried stick steer in one machine, it was a 323 exc, it was so nice moving it across the jobsite.

Are your pedals adjustable? I’ve had 303 and 305’s, but both were OROPS, so limitless leg room, especially with your feet up on the bars lol. Not sure how old your machine is, but maybe you could have your dealer add it on. I’m going to add Ride Control on our 289D soon, its so worth it.