• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone using a 2015/2016 ASV skid loader or track loader?

Digdeep

Dig deep...it's good to hear your opinion, I respect and trust what you say. Is terex totally out of the MTL game now?

I think the machines will pretty much out perform and outwork most other machines in their class but the build quality is just terrible. I have a pt-30 and had been thinking of a 60 but this makes me second guess that. They really aren't commercial quality. It's more like a Home Depot lawn mower quality. Too bad but really no surprise, I guess.

In my opinion Terex is out of the entire construction industry in North America and not just CTLs. Based on what I've heard I'd be shocked if Terex dealers took delivery of 100 ASV built CTLs in 2015.

It's almost sad, because I'm like you. I have really liked the performance of the ASV machine. Unfortunately, they haven't kept up with the competition and their current ownership situation isn't good for their long term survival. Neither Terex (49%) or Manitex (51%) is a really healthy company, nor are they willing to inject any capital into ASV for R&D or marketing so ASV is going to sink or swim on their own.

Unfortunately, they need volume to survive and I just don't see it happening in today's really crowded market. Sadly, I think they'll end up like Thomas--a company that made a decent product with a loyal following, but not enough of a following to keep the doors open.

StumpyWally

Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Ballston, NY
Occupation
PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
Despite my interest in an ASV RT-75, I share everyone's concerns about the viability of the company ASV, LLC.

But in my continuing quest for info on the 75, I have learned from the ASV sales rep for the NE that:

- They no longer offer a rear hitch on their units. The older ASV/Terex units had a built-in receiver hitch on the rear. He said that "...to manufacturing it was an option that was rarely ordered and did not justify keeping the option available." I voiced my opinion that the rear receiver hitch was a stroke of genius, & that it was a huge mistake to eliminate it because it was one of the unique features of their units, & as niche players they need to cultivate - not eliminate - those features.

- The joystick controls are really hydraulic pilot controls, not E-H. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

- The ground clearance for the RT-75 is an outstanding 14"!!

RileySchin22

Bumping this back into action. I'm doing some research on ASV and would love to have a chat with anyone who contributed here to ask some additional questions. If you are available for a quick phone call, it would be great to connect. Let me know!

Summit Management

Late to the discussion here but nonetheless. We extensively demoed Cat MTLs and then ultimatetly bought an ASV. We tried the VT70 and RT75HD. The 75 is an awesome machine, we got it for snow stacking where other machines simply can’t drive. Combined between demo and owning we have about 100 hrs on one. It has less cab features than a caterpillar but is way better for actual durability and daily use. Visibility out the rear is also significantly better. Track openness for cleaning is wonderful, doesn’t load up the machine even when plowing through deep crusty snow. Happy to answer questions if anyone has them!

Fabri-Tech Panka

Did someone say “late to the party?” That would be me friends... I do indeed have a 2018 RT-75HD, and have absolutely loved every single minute of the 78.6 hours it currently has, however, I parked in the barn one afternoon after about an hour or 2 of light lifting and moving things, which my HD didn’t even realize I wasn’t just on a leisurely stroll around the farm, idled her down for a moment, and shut her down for the afternoon. The following morning I climb in the cab, heat up the glow-plugs briefly (it’s 75-80°f in Wisco this time of year) and hit the key only to receive a whole bunch of nothing?!?
It’s acting as though I’m not even turning the key to the “Start” position other than putting a finger on the starter relay to feel it trip, I would’ve though nothing at all was happening...
• Battery is full/clean/good connections
• all fuses and relays tested/checked for current and/or proper operation
• all safety lockouts trip their designated relay when triggered
• all Hydraulic Lockouts are in their correct “Start” position or Neutral position for proper start-up
• the coolant lever was just shy of the sight-glass, but not low enough to trip a fault code
• Oil levels are within acceptable range
So at this juncture, it can’t be anything TOO serious, I mean, at 78.6hrs she’s barely broke in much less tried or worn, and I bought it less than 8 months ago (Mid-August of 2020) as NOS, 0.1hr rolled over when I got in and moved it for the first time off the delivery trailer.... with that said, does anyone have any last words of wisdom for me before I pull out the last 4 hairs on a balding mans scalp, anything I may have overlooked? Under-looked? Something so simple that I just never thought of it because I’m too invested? Is my left foot in the wrong spot or did I just forget to “shake it all about”??
Heh, any input would help fellas.... Thanks in advance...

Stevielee

Late to the discussion here but nonetheless. We extensively demoed Cat MTLs and then ultimatetly bought an ASV. We tried the VT70 and RT75HD. The 75 is an awesome machine, we got it for snow stacking where other machines simply can’t drive. Combined between demo and owning we have about 100 hrs on one. It has less cab features than a caterpillar but is way better for actual durability and daily use. Visibility out the rear is also significantly better. Track openness for cleaning is wonderful, doesn’t load up the machine even when plowing through deep crusty snow. Happy to answer questions if anyone has them!
Hi. I have just brought a 2017 ASV vt70 and its got water leaking into the cab. I've sealed up almost everything on the roof, but it still pours in when it rains. Apart from that love the machine

DIYDAVE

Since this one has been revived, I'll put in my 2 cents. After the Terex disaster, ASV bought itself out of Terex, then got sold to Yanmar. I have over 2K hours, on my RC-30, have had some problems, but managed to fix them, or have the dealer do the grunt work on the bigger fixes. Overall its been a good little machine. If you go to youtube, there are videos of the new line-up, it looks like this neglected line is getting some attention, needed after Terex's neglect. For the record, my dealer is Chesapeake equipment, Laurel MD and Felton, DE...:D