• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone running a new style Bobcat Grader attachment?

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
For now that sounds like a good plan.It well work better then you think.Anythings better then nothing.Get your laser and get moving.Good luck

Occupation
President - Skid Steer Solutions
Need your Help to Make Laser Kit.

Perhaps someone more familiar with newer BC machines can speak to what your T770 needs to be able to run the grader from in the machine. I am assuming that as long as you have the control screen in the BC (which may be standard, I am not sure) that should be all you need.

We have been plugging away trying to get the Bobcat Laser Grader system to work on all machines. We have a customer with the laser installed on his Caterpillar. It works externally from the machine using the Bobcat control box. Our goal is to integrate it into any machine so it will just work. We need your help as this customer needs his machine back. Does anyone have a set of BLR2 receivers and a dual slope laser that you would be willing to lend us or sell us for cheap? We need this so that we can continue to explore the issues and come up with a bullet proof system that will work. Have a look. It works, but could be better.FullSizeRender-5.jpgFullSizeRender-6.jpgFullSizeRender-7.jpgFullSizeRender-1.jpg

If anyone can help me out, it will benefit all of us. Give me a call. Rob 360-303-6186

JPSouth

Hands down, no one does attachment intergration like Bobcat does. The blade worked slick as ice on the T870. I just ordered some additional counter-weight for my TR320. After searching the market for an alternative, there is also no doubt that this latest version of this grader attachment is the best available, you just have to pay for it. I did find an 84" on CL in the Twin Cities for almost half the price of this one, near new condition. However the 84" only has a manual side shift, and is 1500 pounds lighter and 10" shorter. I considered it but decided that the heft and features of this one were worth the additional investment.

Bump on this thread - had also looked at these attachments this last year as I have a small roadbuilding project upcoming and do driveways as part of the normal routine. Have a Bobcat power rake that normally handles the driveway work, but have been seeing more with switchbacks, compound grades and integrated parking areas, power rake works but doesn't move material like a grader, takes a lot of time. I'd looked at an 84", then a 96" and decided the latter would be a better pick (pushing with my A300). Plan took a parking lot dent yesterday as I got a local call wanting to sell a nearly new 84" with the full laser setup for a very attractive price. I don't really have a ton of use for the laser, but do enough building pads that I suppose it might save some guesswork on material estimating and maybe some time. So I'm considering jumping in on the smaller, less expensive option to get my feet wet, and move to the larger one if needed and keep the towers/receivers. Based on your experience with the 96", would an 84" do to start and see, or should I just hold out for the 96"? Despite 1000 lbs. of weight difference, the 84" appears well built enough to handle smaller driveway and building pad use.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Considering your using it on a wheeled machine, it may be a better fit than would a larger one. I have put mine on my wheeled machine (Case SV300 with 14X17.5 tires) on occasion. It works fine for working in light 3/4 road base. It does not work as well cutting virgin soil, even with the big tires, you just cant keep traction when the blade gets full. Power is not an issue but hooking up is a problem. Ground conditions of course will play a part, but you will be more limited in what your able to do with it having a wheeled machine.

Personally, I would not want anything smaller or less capable than the 96". I like having the hyd side shift. I am considering hanging some tractor weights off the front to help keep the front end down. I would not want one that weighed less. It all depends on what you want to do with it. If your moving gravel in light lifts the 84" would work or just know that you will have to take much smaller cuts in virgin soil in slippery or hard ground conditions. If your cutting in driveways, which the attachment is excellent at, having the wider blade and the ability to change the side shift from the cab is also important to me. If you are wanting to help justify adding a CTL, this attachment will help you do that.

JPSouth

Thanks much, this would not be used for cutting in roads or in virgin soil, have other tools for that. I was wondering about how much traction a guy would need, and whether the front end would stay down sufficient to keep a decent grade. Thinking that welding a mount plate for some suitcase weights might be an option, looks like the bigger units make that easier. If I were to be knocking down piles regular, the extra 10" of length on the 96" would be nice.

CTL-wise, maybe someday if the right 90+ hp machine appeared on radar, but for now my A300 is sufficient for 80+% of what I do. If the venture for 4-season driveway maintenance flies, a Tier III CTL and 96" or 108" grader would likely be the more efficient duo.