• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone Recognize this part?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It is kind of obvious what it is but I think it might be considered an antique!
Bendix does not seem to show it on their site and even Google comes up blank when you put the 233961 number in a search!

Thinking someone out there with an old truck might be interested in having it to make their truck authentic!

I did clean it up a bit with the grassbead machine but really was not that bad to begin with!

crane operator

So are you mailing a picture to all the forum members? I'm not seeing any picture. Or are we all supposed to just concentrate really hard, and imagine we can see it?

kshansen

Occupation
So are you mailing a picture to all the forum members? I'm not seeing any picture. Or are we all supposed to just concentrate really hard, and imagine we can see it?
You're not trying hard enough concentrate and klick your heels three times and you will see the pictures!
Bendix01.JPG Bendix02.JPG Bendix03.JPG Bendix04.JPG

See! You just needed to try harder:cool:

kshansen

Occupation
Guess the "Bendix" was not enough clue, thought the "BW" in the Diamond would be a good clue, maybe this picture will help:

Bendix05.JPG

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Is it a "D1" governor, predecessor to the "D2"?

Just kidding, I don't know what it is but the mounting holes and and "RES" and "UNL" ports make me think it is something governor/compressor related.

kshansen

Occupation
I knew it was an air governor but just did not think it would be so hard these days to find any information on it!
One thing I wish I had saved years ago was another air governor that I came across on I believe it was an old Euclid truck. That one worked via a bourdon tube mechanism just like a pressure gauge uses. But in place of moving needle it opened and closed a small air valve something like a float valve in a carb.

Speaking of carbs, anyone need a pair of these little two barrels? Wonder if I could adapt one to my Farmall BN to get "More Power"!
carb.JPG

Must put out serious power to need six bolts to hold it in place!

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
If I close my eyes and concentrate- this is all I come up with- maybe I'm doing something wrong

That is the most intriguing air governor I have ever seen. My air pressure kept going up until I hyperventilated and returned to "normal." which is the reservoir port and which is the return port, I noticed neither are labeled.