• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone own a Takeuchi TB135?

74inchShovel

I own a TB 135, as a result of my TBO 25 going 2000 trouble free hours.(Well almost trouble free) Not a huge amount, but all that went wrong in 2000 hrs was electric fuel pump. The 135 specs good against Zero tail swing machines, Will out reach, out lift, greater dig depth, than ZTS in same weight class.. IMHO you sacrifice alot for this one feature. The only thing I have heard bad about them is the track frame, but is was just one person.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I own a TB 135, as a result of my TBO 25 going 2000 trouble free hours.(Well almost trouble free) Not a huge amount, but all that went wrong in 2000 hrs was electric fuel pump. The 135 specs good against Zero tail swing machines, Will out reach, out lift, greater dig depth, than ZTS in same weight class.. IMHO you sacrifice alot for this one feature. The only thing I have heard bad about them is the track frame, but is was just one person.

TK excavators spec very well. They are either class leading or very close in most production based comparisons. The zero tail on a mini is as essential as a bucket is to me. I had a conv. tail mini before I bought my first TB53FR. I made do with that but the zero tail is a much better set up especially for minis which tend to work in tighter areas. If I could have afforded a 160 sized machine in zero tail I would have bought it.

BIGBEN2004

TK excavators spec very well. They are either class leading or very close in most production based comparisons. The zero tail on a mini is as essential as a bucket is to me. I had a conv. tail mini before I bought my first TB53FR. I made do with that but the zero tail is a much better set up especially for minis which tend to work in tighter areas. If I could have afforded a 160 sized machine in zero tail I would have bought it.
I couldn't of said it better myself. The reason for most people to buy a mini is expecting to put it in very tight areas and the last thing you want to do is to swing the machine around and hear "BANG" and have to look back to see that you took out the corner of a house and knocked down a fence. Zero turn machines have almost dominated the market. I see very few standard tail machines around anymore and most of them are older before they really started making the zero turn models. When I go to buy a mini i won't even look at any standard tail machines even if they have a good price on them. My local Takeuchi came out to my house this morning and gave me a hat and just stopped by to say hello but he has a good deal on some brand new TB153FR open cab models for only $39,000. It is a little too big for me but if anyone is interested it is a good price for a zero turn machine.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
39K is a smokin deal for a TB153. Honestly I cant believe they are selling them that cheap.

BIGBEN2004

Yea that is what I think. I will call in on Monday to verify it and make sure that is the correct machine for that price. I think he said they had like 20 Hrs. on them but that isn't anything for Hrs. If that is the correct information then I will post up their web link.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums TFPace! :drinkup

trailmaker

tb138 report

I bought a tb138 last year. So far I've only used it for mowing coyote brush and poison oak. I am not a professional heavy equipment operator and I have no previous excavator experience but for my specific application it has worked very well. Most of our land is too steep and wooded to get a tractor and brush hog around so this small excavator has allowed us to reclaim some land and old roads that had been swallowed up. I've only put on 150 hrs, but no issues so far.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I bought a tb138 last year.* So far I've only used it for mowing coyote brush and poison oak.* I am not a professional heavy equipment operator and I have no previous* excavator experience but for my specific application it has worked very* well. Most of our land is too steep and wooded to get a tractor and brush hog around so this small excavator has allowed us to reclaim some land and old roads that had been swallowed up.* I've only put on 150 hrs,* but no issues so far.
Ironically that is the one area that TK excavators don't do well.* Whatever the reason they don't create the GPM at the aux. hyds that other machines do.** I am not sure why.* My 153 should be about 4-5 gpm than it is (currently around 16).*Deere/Hitachi although not that powerful on any other spec seem to create a good gpm flow at the aux. hyd.

trailmaker

TK aux flow

Senator, I'll try to post some pics soon. The tb153, if I remember correctly from my research, actually has less aux flow than the 138. I don't know why this is and I don't know if the 138 or the 153 is the exception among takeuchis. If anyone has any insight into this, let us know.:beatsme

Senator215i

Occupation
operator/maintainer for QLD rail
thanks trailmaker. i've seen and been on bigger machines with groomers on them but haven't really seen any smaller machines with heads on them.

Ohio Takeuchi

Senator, I'll try to post some pics soon. The tb153, if I remember correctly from my research, actually has less aux flow than the 138. I don't know why this is and I don't know if the 138 or the 153 is the exception among takeuchis. If anyone has any insight into this, let us know.:beatsme

You are correct the 153/145 have less flow. 14.8 vs 15.6 gpm The nice thing is you can actually upgrade the 153/145 to high flow over 35 gpm. You can throw on a mulching head and get to work. It really is not that much more expensive.

Ohio Takeuchi

Yea I looked at it again the 1140 should have a 50" mower on it. Not sure why they have a 40" hooked up to it. The 40" is made to go on the tb145 or tb175. For the ext model you have to upgrade to highflow. They used to have a brochure with an open tb145 and the 40" piece.

just had a look at your link OHIO that machine looks bigger than the TB175 looks more like the TB1140 i could be wrong though

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You are correct the 153/145 have less flow. 14.8 vs 15.6 gpm The nice thing is you can actually upgrade the 153/145 to high flow over 35 gpm. You can throw on a mulching head and get to work. It really is not that much more expensive.

That is good to know. What does it cost to add high flow on a 153? Also riddle me this? Why don't these 10K plus machines make 20 gpm off the aux.? There is no reason they should not. I would like to get better performance out of the Hoe pac attachments specifically. This is an issue I wish TK would take seriously. They are under every other major OEM in this area for this size of machine.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
138 with mower (first attempt at pic posting, bear with me)

Check out the second red link in my signature for help with posting pictures, in case you haven't seen it already. :)