• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone near Taylor Pennsylvania?

Joshua Carlson

Hello,
First of all, I'm new here and excited to hang around and soak up some knowledge.
The reason for the post is that I am looking at an excavator on the Machinery Trader website and ended up chatting with the person selling it. Got a few vids of it working and ended up making a deal. I'm in Minnesota and nervous about sending money for something I haven't seen in person. So I've been doing some research on buying equipment out of state and someone suggested posting a note on here to see if somebody is nearby and willing to look at it. The company selling it is SER Equipment. Looks like there may be a few family members operating under a few different names in the area. Anyways, if someone has heard of them and can vouch for them being a legitimate operation that would be great! If you have time and wouldn't mind taking a look at the machine that would even be better!
Oh, and if there is somewhere better to post this on the forums let me know.
Thanks!
Josh

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Welcome, first post in introductions, you're doing it right.
If it were me, I'd find a dealer in the area and contract them to do a pre- purchase inspection. This way you have a report on functions, pressures, cycle times etc. What is worn out, what needs attention now, a few months from now and long term. It could cost you a days labor, but how much would a machine that has been abused cost?
Good luck in your decision

brad23

Did you end up buying the machine? What did you find out? I am in the same position & wondering what I should do. Anyone know anything about this company and can vouch?

Joshua Carlson

Did you end up buying the machine? What did you find out? I am in the same position & wondering what I should do. Anyone know anything about this company and can vouch?
Hey Brad,
I did buy the machine and it was shipped to me without issue. It arrived as advertised and they even fixed a leaky cylinder seal before sending it. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another machine from them. I think the gentleman I dealt with was Pat Stocki. I have his phone number if you want to chat with him.

brad23

Thank you so much for getting back to me, you have already made me feel much more confident in this process! I will do the same as you and ask for videos, good idea!