1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone know of great HD skid grapple buckets?

Discussion in 'Construction Equipment Attachments' started by xr4ticlone, Nov 3, 2018.

1. xr4ticlone

xr4ticlone Well-Known Member

Trusted Adviser to the Construction World
    I’m needing some skid grapple buckets for me & customers.

I want really HD versions...like to find a smaller MFG...but I’d listen to anyone’s thoughts.

If you have good or bad, let me know...I want to hear your thoughts.

Also...if it’s older than 4-5 yrs old let me know...everything changes if there was a buyout or ownership change. Sadly.

2. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Mobiltech likes this.
  3. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Werk brau. We used to put them on sliders for recycling plants. Biggest consumer ,for us, was scrap iron and steel, followed by paper cardboard. Hopefully that speaks to the abuse they can survive. If the coupler stays together, the bucket will survive. Hoses and couplings were weak link.

xr4ticlone and Wytruckwrench like this.
  4. Jbullfrog

Jbullfrog Well-Known Member

I have a Bobcat 72" material grapple and root grapple. I have seen a Cat version that is identical also. The grapples will handle anything my skid loader will lift. They are built well and can be found used for under $2k.

5. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

I've posted this one before. We have one, can't break it, and we have it on a T770. It's a Virnig V50 Skeleton Grapple. Screenshot_20181122-141558.png

6. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

xr4ticlone likes this.
  7. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I've got a few attachments by https://www.quickattach.com/ and am very pleased with them. I don't have the grapple bucket but do have the grapple rake. It's probably the second most used attachment I have over the bucket. Good people to deal with too, they sell direct to the customer