• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone Interested In GPS Tracking?

ksp

I work for a county in Iowa and we are looking into installing GPS tracking for tracking miles and gravel inventory amoung other things.

PHeller

Occupation
Trail Planner
If you've multiple pieces of equipment on multiple jobs, and perhaps the equipment has lots of downtime and is in an area where it could...walk off...tracking that expensive piece of equipment might be worthwhile.

Wylie5

Occupation
Weed Control Contractor
If you've multiple pieces of equipment on multiple jobs, and perhaps the equipment has lots of downtime and is in an area where it could...walk off...tracking that expensive piece of equipment might be worthwhile.

Hi, The good thing about tracking your equipment is that at the end of the month/s is that you can see trends with work at times of the year , Hours, safety, Theft, not working hours, the list goes on.
Cheers
Wheelybin.

TEC

Has anyone found a economical GPS machinery tracking solution?

I too think more people would be interested in knowing where there equipment was all the time. Now I spend about $100 driving to my property where we store our D6, D8, PC300 and loader. Would be nice to just check on them on my smart phone.

Cheers, Tom