• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone Interested In GPS Tracking?

NeroGPS

Is anyone interested in GPS Tracking? I work for a GPS company and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

lancef

Yeah mate,any good sites I can track ships with names coming into New Zealand? Cheers Lance.

NeroGPS

Yeah mate,any good sites I can track ships with names coming into New Zealand? Cheers Lance.

Sorry Lance,

I meant GPS Tracking for heavy equipment so you always know where your equipment is and can remotely monitor it.

farm_boy

I am interested....do you offer an "all brand" solution GPS tracking? What type of information does it provide a customer other than location, hours and battery voltage?

Thanks!

Noose

Occupation
O/O '98 378 Pete tandem dump ~~ '03 S185
Can you moniter oil pressures, engine speed and temp?

NeroGPS

I am interested....do you offer an "all brand" solution GPS tracking? What type of information does it provide a customer other than location, hours and battery voltage?

Thanks!

Thanks for the question farm boy

The type of information that most of my customers are interested in knowing is location, idle, ignition on and off, and current engine hours.

What our system does with that information is it allows you to know site by site how much time you have invested in your customers, maintenance schedules that become predictive, if the vehicle moves while not on it will alert you, you can also choose to have other security features installed and we are able to monitor pretty much any mechanical movement ie bucket up/down.

NeroGPS

Can you moniter oil pressures, engine speed and temp?

Thanks for the question Noose,

We can monitor engine speed to a certian degree but we do not monitor oil pressure and temp. What are you hoping to get from this data? Their might be another solution that can give you the answers you are looking for.

NeroGPS

Yes, if someone puts a tinfoil hat over the top of your gps antenna, will it still work?

Thank you for your question.

Yes, metal is the only thing that blocks a gps signal. However, our gps antennas are hidden and therefore no one should know where to put a tinfoil hat.

We are in the process of developing a unit that uses both gps and cellular triangulation to get its location, and this will not be blocked by metal.

Turbo21835

The reason I asked is the local county road commission was testing gps on their trucks to keep track of things. All the drivers figured the county was out to get them. One of the drivers figure out the tin foil hat idea and all of a sudden, all the trucks could not be located.

NeroGPS

The reason I asked is the local county road commission was testing gps on their trucks to keep track of things. All the drivers figured the county was out to get them. One of the drivers figure out the tin foil hat idea and all of a sudden, all the trucks could not be located.

I hear about this sort of thing all the time. It is the gps companies fault. Part of our installation process is we tell the workers why it is being used and the benifits it has for the company and the worker. This stops a lot of the "big brother" complaints and once they realize some of the costs associated with having workers in the field they usually understand why the company has decided to do so. Actually, the last time I told a group of workers that their company was using gps one of the workers said I'm supprised you didn't do this earlier.
Also the workers should never have known where the devices were in the first place.

aglasergps

Occupation
Managing Director - TOOMEY EARTHMOVERS
Hi Nerogps,

How about this......

Could we tally a daily or weekly trip count and excavated material weight as the machine passes in one direction through a pre-determined "fence line" in the load cycle?

What data transfer method can you use i.e. two way radio or cell phone and internet?

Do you have a software package that shows the machine location in real time with these tallies?

How simple or complex is your solution?

Brickman

I have a question. I have a small construction company in southern Ontario and our biggest asset is a telescopic forklift ( actually 2 but the other is beat up and tired) where do I find info on a supplier for a gps tracking for it?

Kellogg Report

Hi Brickman.

I cannot point you to a source book for this, so I recommend you do a Google search for 'fleet tracking' or 'telematics construction'.

You will find most manufacturers and suppliers represented in the search results.

Wylie5

Occupation
Weed Control Contractor
Re: Tracking Equipment

Hi NeroGPS,
I live in Australia do you operate over hear, How do you charge for your services,
As a spray contractor (Weeds) we are currently looking at putting GPS device into our work utes. We hope to Have start up time waypoint drop every 15 mins turn of at end of days end. Also every time they spray a weed it drops the time , waypoint, weed id number, Area, Off set, Land value,Ajjsent land use, chemical used, Spray company name, Road Name, only (1) mtr movement of the vehical to record the next waypoint

Cheers Wheelybin.

I hear about this sort of thing all the time. It is the gps companies fault. Part of our installation process is we tell the workers why it is being used and the benifits it has for the company and the worker. This stops a lot of the "big brother" complaints and once they realize some of the costs associated with having workers in the field they usually understand why the company has decided to do so. Actually, the last time I told a group of workers that their company was using gps one of the workers said I'm supprised you didn't do this earlier.
Also the workers should never have known where the devices were in the first place.