1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Anyone have the Web Address for SIS?

Discussion in 'Geek Patrol' started by kshansen, Apr 23, 2021.

1. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    I'm working on getting my computer back to working after a hard drive replacement.

Thought I had most of the addresses for things saved with a list of passwords but right at the moment I'm not finding anything for the SIS account. Tried reinstalling old drive but it only gives a "drive failure" message when I try to access it.

I have been using SIS for around 10 or more years on several different computers and don't recall ever having a problem till now but that was while updating to a new computer from a working one! I believe I do recall the passwords I used when setting up the account so that should not be too much of a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Ken in NY

2. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

3. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

sis.cat.com
    sis2.cat.com
    engines.cat.com

4. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

wrong SIS, Per.

5. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Does the browser in one of the other computers have the password saved ?
    Or, are the addresses stored in the browser history of one of them.

6. seatwarmer

seatwarmer Senior Member

Enterprise Engineer
  7. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    I go through my local dealer to get to SIS.

grandpa likes this.
  8. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

Cm1995...... me 2!:D

9. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

LOL the joke's on me. SIS is a computer chip manufacturer in Taiwan. I see this post on "geek patrol" and a broken computer and my tech support mind figures you needed chipset drivers for an SIS-equipped motherboard.
    Sorry guys :)

Jonas302 likes this.
  10. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Thanks to all who offered ideas!

Well I did manage to find a link in on of the old files I saved from my days in the quarry! It seems to be working ok now.

Now if I could only figure out why my email program, Thunderbird, won't access my Road Runner email account! For some reason the two "birds" can't seem to work together!

I can still access my email via Webmail but that is very slow to do anything.

11. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Your Thunderbird account may have a password issue.

12. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

I understand that and have tried about everything I could think of and Spectrum does not want to help as they just point the finger at Thunderbird! Main reason I want to get Thunderbird back working is I have a large file that should have all my saved emails and address book in it. I know I have been able to restore much of this information in the past when I had to change from one computer to a new one by simply inserting that folder in to replace the "generic" one that is created when setting up TBird.

13. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I'm not familiar with Thunderbird.
    Are you using a Mac or a pc ?
    I had 2 Macbooks and just couldn't navigate in them like a PC.
    I gave one to my granddaughter and burnt the other one
    Windows would/should have those files stored in app/data folder somewhere. Unless it was wiped out.

14. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Anyone used SIS 2.0? Now all I have access to is the parts side not the repair side.

Saw where Cat was upgrading SIS and thought great if this update is as good as the others I'll be banging my head on the screen. Actually the new interface is pretty nice - so far.

15. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

I think it sucks. When they changed over they lost half of my machines that were in the old system and then the dealers side went down and I couldn't get parts for a couple days.

16. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

Took a bit getting used to but it's all we use now, old sis is for the most part shutdown.
    For the most part it's way better but we still have to deal with sucky graphics that are too compressed to be able to see what they actually are.
    And they are fixing and adding stuff on a weekly basis.

17. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Well I guess I was fortunate enough to have a better experience. Needed a new muffler and turbo up pipe for our D5G. It was easy to navigate, all our equipment was there and the graphic was easily navigated, better than the previous version IMO. I'll take what I can get I guess..

18. Nige

Nige Senior Member

FYI. The "old" SIS 2011B will be deactivated on the 14th of May. All that will be available after that is SIS 2.0. Personally I am not looking forward to that day........

19. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Only tried using 2.0 a couple times and there is sure a learning curve!

Also I was trying to find some troubleshooting info for the guy with a 980K steering problem. At least in the page I see in 2.0 the flow chart is almost impossible to read on line and not much better when printed out. Have not checked to see if it is any better in the old SIS.
    I believe the form is E258(UENR0786)

Actually just now opened that file and it is a slight bit better in the old SIS but still no the greatest. At least there I can read it on line! Media Number there is:KENR6458-05
    *Just saved that KENR6458 as a PDF and guess the conversion from an image file to a pdf is a good part of the problem as the pdf is just as bad as the one from 2.0

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021