• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone buy hydraulic seals from All States?

notslow

Their pricing is really good for the seals to fit my case 580C. Just wondering if anyone else has used them. How's the quality?

RES

Got some from them, reliable aftermarket and some from cross creek. All about the same.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I have used them with good results. I don't believe I have ever replaced a seal that was out because it was a faulty seal. It is normally a bad rod, contamination, 50 years of rust, or some other reason that takes them out.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I have for sure. Every cylinder on the machine the U-cup seal went bad.
The ones in the pics are OEM New Holland. The replacements for the OEM were Hercules that I purchased from CEA_Services. Made in the USA too.
upload_2022-9-20_16-26-11.jpeg

upload_2022-9-20_16-26-38.jpeg

upload_2022-9-20_16-27-34.jpeg

notslow

This doesn't give me much confidence. Especially since I would have expected USA made seals would be better. Not sure what brand All States sells. Sounds like whatever I buy, it may just be a crap shoot. Those seals look like dry rot. Maybe old stock?

I have for sure. Every cylinder on the machine the U-cup seal went bad.
The ones in the pics are OEM New Holland. The replacements for the OEM were Hercules that I purchased from CEA_Services. Made in the USA too.
View attachment 268546

View attachment 268547

View attachment 268548

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Maybe I said it wrong in my post. Those are the original New Holland seals, in the pic, that I replaced with the Hercules seals (made in the USA). I have had no further problem with the new seals. I am not sure where the New Holland seals were made.

notslow

I'm betting that's what my seals look like. Sitting in the desert for 30+ years. Cylinders are nice and clean, but seals were weeping. Ran the backhoe for a few hours and a swing seal started dumping fluid. Had to load some stuff, so I added fluid and ran the loader. Same thing happened, parked it and fluid just poured out of the seal area of the lift cylinder. Cost me a couple hundred in new hydraulic fluid in less than 20 minutes, but I did get the job done.

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Maybe I said it wrong in my post. Those are the original New Holland seals, in the pic, that I replaced with the Hercules seals (made in the USA). I have had no further problem with the new seals. I am not sure where the New Holland seals were made.

I wonder if your machine didn't have some oil contamination or something since you had problems with ALL your cylinders.

I have made it so far by just rebuilding the two stabilizers, steering, and the crowd on mine and it is older than yours. My steering cylinder was shot when I got it but wasn't leaking so I put up with the slow steering until it leaked. I expect all mine were probably rebuilt at some point before I got it though.