1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Anybody print your own Driver Daily Log Book?

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by RenoHuskerDu, May 4, 2022.

1. RenoHuskerDu

RenoHuskerDu Senior Member

DOT Driver Daily Log Books are $6.50 now, 31 entries with carbonless copies. I only run my dump truck local, to the quarries and job sites. TX DMV says I don't need full logging or that onboard digital crapola.

I don't think I even need copies. I only have to keep the record a week, it says right on the form. Darned if I'll pay good money for useless gubbmint busywork.

Anybody print their own? I found this site but it still looks like more than I need to log.
    https://templatelab.com/drivers-daily-log/

I only log the following. The one time I got checked, the Trooper didn't even look at my log book.
    . start and end miles
    . date
    . license numbers
    . begin and end location (always my home)
    . signature

2. scottwolowich

scottwolowich Well-Known Member

do it on your cell phone get an app like keeptruckin', free and no paper

RenoHuskerDu likes this.
  3. RenoHuskerDu

Those require Goolag and location turned on. We run non-Gooolag androids and I only turn on location if I'm lost or on a fire call, so Chief can see where I am.

4. scottwolowich

scottwolowich Well-Known Member

I leave location turned off and enter it manually on mine.

RenoHuskerDu likes this.
  5. suladas

suladas Senior Member

You could for sure, i've considered it because you could have your company name, address, plate etc already in so it's a lot less writing. Here you have to keep them forever in case of an audit, and it's actually a ticket if you have old ones in the truck, I think it's more then 30 days old.

6. RenoHuskerDu

Wow...Cali? No, your profile says Canada. Crazy, a fine if you don't clean up...

7. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    If driving under 100 as the crow fly's you are not required to fill out a log book, but you still have to do
    a daily VIR. If you have IFTA then a trip envelope filled out for the entire week with any crossings of
    state lines with mileage reading at state line, where you bought fuel and how many gallons. Which
    routes/highways noted.

8. suladas

suladas Senior Member

They have to be kept as records for forever, it's really stupid. In the last few years they've went full mental on the requirements for the safety fitness program.

9. RenoHuskerDu

SeniorStatePower.jpg