• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody here running a new 870D or 855D?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I'm curious on the issues but either one of them may be having. I'm looking at a new 855 Harvester.

robmcallan

we have 5 855D and the only problem we have come across is the DEF systems. but other then that they have proven to be a very good machine. they still are pretty new to us I think the highest hours so far is 4000 and no other issues besides DEF issue. also with the fiat engine have noticed fuel consumption has gone down over the cummins in the 855C. there are guys that have been able to delete the DEF systems and produced a very reliable machine

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
That's great to hear!
I have an E series that delivers Tuesday.
Where are you guys located?

Plebeian

LX870D with quadco for operators who prefer to avoid saw bars and sharpening chains (and 558 with southstar qs605)

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It went really well. No leaks, everything works as it should except the 24-12v converter died. No biggy.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It really is a well thought out machine. I wish it had a heel rack but it's fine.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It is light years ahead of the 855C I ran in 2012.
I will put it thru it's paces Friday for sure.