• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody have experience with a Bobcat 418?

alco

Just curious if anybody has experience, good or bad, with a Bobcat 418? I've been tossing the idea around of picking up a small machine to get into tight spots where other machines just can't get to. There are basically 4 machines I have been reading up on, and the Bobcat is the only one I haven't found much on.

6 days off at my normal job gets a bit long sometimes, and with what the going rate is for a small machine here, I figure it might be worth while to play around a bit.

30 feet of 3 foot deep trench to a garage for power cable and gas will bring $600, and it sure doesn't take long to dig it.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
The local rental guys have a wee little older bobcat, 316 or 320. And the other one had a kubota 008, both have several k hrs and are still tickin. The bobcat is for sale, due to being replaced by another larger bobkitty, and they are still rentin the kubota.

alco

I was considering a K008 Kubota as well, but the closest dealer is 5 hours away. The other ones I have been looking at are the Cat 300.9, and the Komatsu PC09-1.