1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Anybody got any cool demolition jobs going on right now?

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by Wolf, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Love to see some pictures of good demolition jobs in action Post your pictures and machines here. Thanks.:)

2. Pflum

Pflum Member

We're tearing down 3 apartment buildings, I can't figure out how to post pics. Is there a way to do it straight off my phone?

3. Turbo21835

Turbo21835 Senior Member

4. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Love it. Great video Turbo, and cool power move by you in the 350.

Nice work, man.

5. movindirt

movindirt Senior Member

I've got some pictures of some demo's over the years, I'll try and find some pictures.

6. Pflum

Pflum Member

We have a job tearing down 3 apartment buildings, this is the third and final one

Attached Files:

7. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Beautiful. That looks like some serious wrecking going down. Are you the operator? Using a grapple exclusively?

Nice job, man.

8. Pflum

Pflum Member

Yes we're doing it all with the 320 with thumb. I'm in the hoe most of the time, boss drives the roll-off hauling debris. One 1 ton dump for steel, another one for the aluminum. Fun stuff.

Attached Files:

9. mxsledder

mxsledder Well-Known Member

I'm doing a large commercial building right now. It was very challenging with it being inches away from a main power pole and a phone and tv cable.

10. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

this is an awesome wrecking job. Love the pictures of the building ripped wide open--staircase just hanging out in the open.

Is the whole place down on the ground now?

11. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

wow, very cool mxsledder. YOu got any pictures of that commercial wrecking job? How did it work out with the utility poles so close?

12. mxsledder

mxsledder Well-Known Member

If you can let me know how to post pics from my phone I have several I could share.

13. carlnorm

carlnorm New Member

14. LanmarFM

LanmarFM Member

Here are some pictures of an old Victorian style house we took down last winter.

Ancster Demo 4.jpg
    Ancaster Demo 3.jpg
    Ancaster Demo 2.jpg

15. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

That is a classic demo job. Don't get to wreck stuff like that any more. How old was the house?

What machine did you use? Did they salvage anything or trash it all?

16. LanmarFM

LanmarFM Member

The house was a little over 100 years old. We saved a few skids of the exterior brick and scrolled mouldings. There are developing the area and put a Lowes in behind it. Someone is supposed to take all the stuff we saved and build a gazebo out
    of it. I will be interesting to see what they come up with.

17. Mikea9

Mikea9 New Member

Demolition & modular building wizard
    While not as cool as destroying that old house I've been crushing up modular buildings (commercial mobile homes) and shipping the frames back to a factory who puts new buildings on them for the past 3 years. Ive done around 2500 of them so far. image.jpg

18. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Kind of sucks that they destroyed that beautiful old house to build a big box Loews. But I guess money talks, **** walks, and the house is now history. Must have been fun to wreck it though. What machine did you use? How long did it take you to wreck it?

19. Bizkit

Bizkit Member

We haven't done much since scrap iron prices fell

20. LanmarFM

LanmarFM Member

We used a John Deere 350 with an H&H hydraulic thumb. It only took a few hours to level the house but we were on site for a little over a week. We only have 1 roll off truck to carry garbage and 1 dump truck to haul concrete.