• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any suggestions on a detach?

GPC

Occupation
Lowboy Driver/Dispatcher/Mechanic
How much does it cost?

Allis, it cost us about $62,000 but, if I were looking for a okay 35ton lowboy on the cheap I would try either a Kaufman or a Witzco Challenger. Both for a 35ton could be bought in the $35,000 to $40,000 range new. Quite a bit less used.

GPC

Occupation
Lowboy Driver/Dispatcher/Mechanic
You guys should check out the Kaufman Lowboys as long as you're sticking to 55 Ton and smaller, up to 4 axles.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...rs-Catalog/Detachable-Gooseneck-Trailers-c44/

This is one of the first drop-rails we sold....Still going strong everyday!

View attachment 95523

Tandem paver lowboy we built a few months ago...

View attachment 95524

Strucalc23, one of the main reasons we didn't buy a Kaufman is because I really can't find any info on one of your heavier trailers. No one I know has one and just doesn't seem to be any feedback on them from anyone.