1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Any New Holland E Series Owners Have a Low Cost Supplier for a Fuel Cap

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Swetz, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Swetz

Swetz Senior Member

Electric & Gas Company
    My fuel cap has started leaking the liquid gold from the tank. It seems to be leaking from the lock portion. I looked at Messicks, and they do not have a non locking cap. It was superseded by the locking cap. They have the locking cap in stock @ $77. To me, a fuel cap is a $15-20 part. The lock is what is leaking, why would I want another??

I would bet that someone in the aftermarket makes one, but I have been unable to track one down with various searches.

If anyone has a supplier, I would be grateful for the info.

TIA.

2. NH575E

NH575E Senior Member

Retired Machinist
  3. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

If it is leaking thru the vent they can be taken sometimes taken apart and fixed.
    Or is it simply the gasket ?

4. Swetz

Swetz Senior Member

Electric & Gas Company
    As far as I know, only fuel out.

It seems to be leaking out of the place you put the key in. The gasket looks like new. I will look at it to see if it looks like it can be taken apart.

5. NH575E

NH575E Senior Member

Retired Machinist
    Stop over filling it. LOL

Tinkerer likes this.
  6. joe--h

joe--h Senior Member