• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any Mack M Series still in Existance?

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Does anyone know if there are still any Mack M series haul trucks still around. Doubtfull any still working, but how about collectors? I've never been able to see one of those Mack-Pack 120 ton all wheel drive articulated bottom dumps either. Anyone have any details. I know they did use V16 Detroit Diesels and were produced from 1960 to 1979. Apparently they even built them in the Oakville Canada assembly plant.

PSDF350

Does anyone know if there are still any Mack M series haul trucks still around. Doubtfull any still working, but how about collectors? I've never been able to see one of those Mack-Pack 120 ton all wheel drive articulated bottom dumps either. Anyone have any details. I know they did use V16 Detroit Diesels and were produced from 1960 to 1979. Apparently they even built them in the Oakville Canada assembly plant.

Heres one for sale. http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1814270&guid=C3E16F42183545F5BC7467254768EC4F

stretch

Occupation
gopher
There is one in use everyday at the Suzio-York Hill quarry in Meriden, CT along with an Euc and two new-ish Terex's. No pics of my own, but if you look on their site, there are some small pics of it on the left side on some of the pages.

http://www.suzioyorkhill.com/

Paystar

Occupation
Thanks guys:D I didn't think there'd still be any in service:eek: I tried talking my wife into letting me buy the one for sale for a lawn ornament, but she just doesn't understand the value in a high class ornament:beatsme

That Suzio-York Hill site has some nice die cast collectable toys for sale eh?

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Hey Stretch, are you anywhere near T.C.& Sons Trucking's yard in Milldale?

Milldale's a little part of Southington, but sorry, I haven't heard of T.C. & Sons. There are more owner-operators around here than I can count. :rolleyes:

woodee955

Paystar, if you go to brockwaytrucks.org then click on message board and then brockway trucks discussion and click on the 2007 Washington county fair topic there is video of an M series pulling a sled. Sorry I couldn't just give you the direct link.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Milldale's a little part of Southington, but sorry, I haven't heard of T.C. & Sons. There are more owner-operators around here than I can count. :rolleyes:

T.C. & Sons is a trucking and brokerage company with 5 of their own, and around 20 owner.op.'s leased to them. They have a big yard just off the road to the truck stop across from the Milldale post office kind of. The owner has a big jade green/greyish "Super Truck" Peterbilt with a 110" ICT sleeper all dressed out, hard to miss that thing.
You'll always see a bunch of flatbeds and stepdecks loaded with that blue rigid foamboard insulation in the yard.
Just wondering if you were near there, that's all.:thumbsup

stretch

Occupation
gopher
T.C. & Sons is a trucking and brokerage company with 5 of their own, and around 20 owner.op.'s leased to them. They have a big yard just off the road to the truck stop across from the Milldale post office kind of. The owner has a big jade green/greyish "Super Truck" Peterbilt with a 110" ICT sleeper all dressed out, hard to miss that thing.
You'll always see a bunch of flatbeds and stepdecks loaded with that blue rigid foamboard insulation in the yard.
Just wondering if you were near there, that's all.:thumbsup

Yeah, I'm a mile or two from that area...is it that yard behind the big brick factory building (Clark Bros. Bolt Co.)?

(And to avoid threadjacking...I couldn't find much info on the M-Series on Google...I think there was one for sale in Massachusetts that I saw a few months ago but iI couldn't find it again. :beatsme)

Last edited:

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Yeah, I'm a mile or two from that area...is it that yard behind the big brick factory building (Clark Bros. Bolt Co.)?

That's right, the old brick factory.

(Also paranoid about threadjacking.:spaz) The thread in which woodee955 is referring to the Washington County Fair in '07 did indeed have an M series Mack pulling. I was pulling in that fair myself along with 3 others in the outfit I was with, and that M made me take a second look at it.

Paystar

Occupation
That video was awesome :eek::D:notworthy. I turned the speakers right up for that one. Cool old M series and those V12 Detroits sure sound good. Thanks for pointing that one out.

PZJR

Yea there is a company in Massachusetts with m50ax,M35x,andM35ax's still running they have about 12 all togrther

BKrois

Charter Member
Occupation
Multi purpose
There are 2 i know of still operational in connecticut. One has a 671 detriot and the other has a Mack V8 864 motor (i believe). I think they're both M30s?

superwrench0166

We still have a running one here in SC i believe its an M35 with a 12v71 getting to be very difficult to get parts for it. they offered 4500 trade in value 2 yrs ago.

KevD815

That was a great vid! Gotta love hearin those Detroits scream.

$4500 trade in on a truck that size?!? Two years ago i bet it would have been worth almost 4 times that in scrap.

Lowbow, i know of T.C. My buddy runs a shop in the building across from where they park their trailers. That green Pete is cool but i think the guys down the street at SRS trucking have 'em beat;)