• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Tugger2

A good friend of mine was pulling wrenches for Jim Olsen in the 80 s .I went up for breakup one year and built guarding on aCat buncher they had as well as all kinds of other repairs. Shop was just up the road from the scales .We would go to work in the morning and all kinds of stuff would suddenly be in the yard ready for repairs. Seems the bunchers moved quicker and easier tracks sideways on the bed they had .Very perplexing situation for the lone scale operator in town.We were sent down to the railyard one morning in the JC Olsen 1 ton to grab some railway ties for blocking the buncher house that the company had waiting to ship.Broad daylight doing as directed and seen by many locals . I heard some serious grumbling the morning in the Zodiac Cafe about stolen ties,guess we took them from the wrong pile.All seem to get sorted out at some cost we never new after.Good day to be hired from the neck down. Enjoyed working there a lot and was treated very well,Jim was a great guy to work for.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Can't really make out the brand of truck, so I'll just call it a KW.

View attachment 285277
Grandy Lake grade, just North of Concrete Washington. Yes, water on the brakes and an old chunk of mainline around a stump to add more hold back coming down grade. In the late '60s, you could see the stumps where they burned the line around as they pulled half down and the other half up. The stumps were just around the corner behind the bank you see at the top of the grade. The road (grade) is/was still in use, but with even the equipment of the late '60s, it was pretty tame. There are some other copies of the same photo floating around with even more info than I can remember. In the late '60s, it was Weyerhaeuser land and I worked in the rigging chasing under a Washington Skylok one Fall.
I was told this was one of the last Darius Kinsey photos taken.