• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
I remember having to truck across a bridge like that on a job I was on. I did not like that. LOL

Was better at night because I couldn't see the bottom.

Tugger2

WE used to do repair work on one of the Gulf Island ferry terminals .Locals got cranky about us driving piles on nite shift so we went back to working days between sailings . The trestle was similar to the one in the above picture ,maybe not as substantial.We were changing bearing piles and had one of the middle piles out when the ship came in .with car and light truck traffic we would just throw a deck plank down and let them proceed. This sailing had a loaded logging truck coming off . As we were not to mess with the ferry schedule and being haywire pile drivers we opted to let him pass .Stood on the barge beside it with all fingers crossed as he passed ,a little creak n groan and we were ok . Just another one of the nail biters you suffer thru trying to keep every one happy.

Paystar

Occupation
One of those looks out of place, LOL
Actually a good friend of mine hauled all kinds of logs out of the bush in one of those little GM's, just the older version, I'm not up on GM model numbers.
I have pics of it wooded up twice as high as the cab and all it had was a little 6-71 Detroit.

I know which one is my favorite.......I spent a lot of time in those Paystar 5000 6x6's in the bush.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
One of those looks out of place, LOL
Actually a good friend of mine hauled all kinds of logs out of the bush in one of those little GM's, just the older version, I'm not up on GM model numbers.
I have pics of it wooded up twice as high as the cab and all it had was a little 6-71 Detroit.

I know which one is my favorite.......I spent a lot of time in those Paystar 5000 6x6's in the bush.
"Little 6-71?" You must be a young pup. I can remember when half if not more trucks had 6-71s. We thought they were a big engine those days.

Paystar

Occupation
You should see the stupid laws up here in Ontario. To get max 63,500 KG gross a self loader truck has to be a twin steer tri-drive with a 3 axle pup trailer.

Or for a trailer truck it is a tractor with a 5 axle trailer.

Truck Shop

5 axles is all they have around here, figure it doesn't scrub up the pavement I guess. 80,000 lbs and that is that, no 105,500 or anything like that.
One big reason we like many others don't run California. 98% of the company trucks are
configured for extended weight.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
5 axles is all they have around here, figure it doesn't scrub up the pavement I guess. 80,000 lbs and that is that, no 105,500 or anything like that.

Come to Michigan . . . 11 axles/164,000lb