• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
"camptramp, post: 1098057, member: 37724"]Ed Isacson Photo Gordy Isacson's Malloch & Moseley "clone" M & M Kenworth

I will date myself once again; the two worst inventions for trucks were rectangle headlights and door handles down in the right hand corner.
I love the look of the round headlights on the truck. Too bad the door handle isn't at the top right hand corner of the door as a "proper" lever handle.

It is a beautiful truck with an appropriate load.

bccat

Occupation
Retired millwright,Heavy Equipment Operator
Malloch & Mosley, Squamish truck shop, Early 80’s, Did a H D apprenticeship with them in the early 70’s after quitting Rayonier at Mahatta River on Vancouver Island, I think rained all of July 1970,got the @#%$ out of there. No road out at that time

Tugger2

bccat were you in Mahatta when Oconnor Logging set up camp at Cleagh Creek? I went in there from Oconnors Port Hardy shop to fill in for the welder at Cleagh. Memorable occaison was was coming in to work in the moring and seeing the tiremans truck an old 750 Ford with the roof dented in ,most of the tire gear gone off the deck and the inside of the cab ravaged . The old 530 Case back hoe was worse for wear from the midnight rescue. Rumour had it some of the crew decided to make a trip over to the bar at Mahatta and flipped it on the return trip. Big mistake was trying to cover the whole incident up.

bccat

Occupation
Retired millwright,Heavy Equipment Operator
bccat were you in Mahatta when Oconnor Logging set up camp at Cleagh Creek? I went in there from Oconnors Port Hardy shop to fill in for the welder at Cleagh. Memorable occaison was was coming in to work in the moring and seeing the tiremans truck an old 750 Ford with the roof dented in ,most of the tire gear gone off the deck and the inside of the cab ravaged . The old 530 Case back hoe was worse for wear from the midnight rescue. Rumour had it some of the crew decided to make a trip over to the bar at Mahatta and flipped it on the return trip. Big mistake was trying to cover the whole incident up.
Dave, I can’t remember very much about the contractor’s who worked there. I worked mostly in the camp, 2pm -10.00 pm,servicing trucks. One thing I remember was a welder who was rebuilding a TD 25b blade, all of a sudden the top left corner of the blade split wide open,at least a 1/4 of an inch split top to bottom. The Boss was sure pissed. While I was there ,they replaced the 3 Cat D13000 Gen sets with 3 Cummins power plants.Just turned 20 at the time, very green between the ears. Being a isolated Camp people were not that friendly to an outsider, it was tough, but that is life. The best part was the food, and flying in & out on a Grumman Goose Which supported my love of flying a few yrs later.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Was just thinking the other day about how many log rigging manufacturers that have disappeared from the market. I remember seeing Knight, Columbia and Par-Pac a lot years ago. Don't really see much Superior or Anser around these days either. Seems like most logging iron these days is either Peerless or Freflyt. Is Profab still in business?

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
QUOTE="92U 3406, post: 1098661, member: 62173"]Was just thinking the other day about how many log rigging manufacturers that have disappeared from the market. I remember seeing Knight, Columbia and Par-Pac a lot years ago. Don't really see much Superior or Anser around these days either. Seems like most logging iron these days is either Peerless or Freflyt. Is Profab still in business?[/QUOTE]

Hi, yes profab still in business, they took over vanguard cranes as well.

Tugger2

Dave, I can’t remember very much about the contractor’s who worked there. I worked mostly in the camp, 2pm -10.00 pm,servicing trucks. One thing I remember was a welder who was rebuilding a TD 25b blade, all of a sudden the top left corner of the blade split wide open,at least a 1/4 of an inch split top to bottom. The Boss was sure pissed. While I was there ,they replaced the 3 Cat D13000 Gen sets with 3 Cummins power plants.Just turned 20 at the time, very green between the ears. Being a isolated Camp people were not that friendly to an outsider, it was tough, but that is life. The best part was the food, and flying in & out on a Grumman Goose Which supported my love of flying a few yrs later.
Its no picnic being a new guy in a big camp like that especially being hidden away on a night shift like that. I went into Cleagh Creek to replace the welder who was on holidays .The guy was super welder ,best friends with the Master Mechanic and i was a green 18 year old welder so i didnt impress the Master Mechanic. After 2 weeks i went to him and said i wanted to go back to the town shop when he could spare me . i got along fine with the Master Mechanic there . He just laughed and said off you go i was going to fire you anyhow. That was logging then.

Truck Shop

I don't if any of you regulars on this thread ever saw this old 1960 B75 logger I turned into a tractor.
I saw this truck IIRC in 1970 rolling through Cle Elum, Wa. with a 6 log load. Originally owned by
Graham Bros Logging in Easton, Wa. At one point I was going to put a headache rack and had a pick
of two Peerless log trailer to choose from to set on the back. But it never happened and as it turned
out I was lucky to get it finished. This old girl led a rough life in the woods before I found it again
years later. The stories it could tell.

The thread is in this link.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/mack-phase-two.75422/

002.JPG 003.JPG 20180610_091710.jpg 001.JPG