• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry

Those three Euclid trucks give me flash backs to the R-35 haul trucks we had at the quarry for a few years and were passed around to other quarries over the years. 12V-71 Detroits screaming away! Especially when dumping as there were no mufflers. The dump bodies acted as a muffler until you raised to dump then it was straight out the pipe just to the right of the cab!

Tugger2

I went into Chamiss Bay mid 70s to work on an American log loader . They had some Euclid log trucks parked in there.
Im taking a wild guess on the above picture,the Euc s look like they are parked in the old Cattermole Yard in Chilliwack

Truck Shop

I think the first plant might have been in Renton; south of Seattle.

Correct Renton---Originally started as Gerlinger in 1915 to 1917, then became Gersix to 1923 when
it became Kenworth.
Also built in New Jersey, Ohio and COE's in Tennessee plus Mexico for some years now.

Last edited: