• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
That Madill log truck is very interesting. Anyone know what engine that rig had in it?
Jeff

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
That is a sharp picture and the color balance had me look twice to see if it was taken with a modern digital camera.
Bob Macmillen was a long time early employee of British Columbia Forest Products Co. Ltd. He was well educated , I believe with a Degree in Forestry . Starting out Timber Cruising for BCFP shortly after it was Incorporated in 1946 , retiring as a Camp Manager when Fletcher Challenge took over BCFP in the late 1980's . His son Pat is in possession of his pictures and slides , loaned them to me to copy . Most pictures were in the form of slides and I scanned them with a EPSON scanner . I would think Bob possessed a very good camera . I believe these pictures were taken in the late 1950's to early 1960's when BCFP was building their first and one of the first Dryland Log Sorting facilities on British Columbia's West Coast . I believe Bob Macmillen and Les Way traveled around the Pacific Northwest to gain knowledge of how DLS's worked .