• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
First world record load set by Cougar Bill in Thompson River, Mt, black and white.
Second world record set by LHC in Thompson River, Mt. in 1972-350 Cummins powered.

View attachment 262481 View attachment 262482

In Libby Mt, they have the photo of the '72 Pete and claim it was hauling over the old J. Neils RR mainline which at that time had become St. Regis. (Now called the Champion haul road.) I've drive the old RR mainline which is now a truck road many times. You can still see the original interchange with the Great Northern just below Libby Dam.
Either way, it is a hell of a load.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Jumbo did you see what I posted on previous page?

No idea All I have ever seen up close were the B&W prints. In Snoqualmie, there was a mural "downtown" with them colorized, different colors. When I was driving for Weyerhaeuser in the '70s, the truck boss was Gus Person, he (if i remember correctly) drove the one on the left. "Snozz" Olsen drove the one on the right. More than likely they were run until they were scrap value. The B&W photo appears to be Camp "B" which was the reload for a few years until the RR was pulled up I think in the late '40s.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Skadill; I've a question for you and every other BC logger:
Down here, below 49, we see self loaders tucked away behind the cab when traveling. North of 49, we see photos of the "big ear" on the front bumper to grab onto with the grapples when traveling. Why? Is it a weight distribution thing?