• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Anybody know what kind of logging truck this is ?

Looks kind of like an old Army Studebaker. After WW II, there were many running around wearing bunks. I was told they were cheap to buy and cheap to run until they broke. Then you just bought another one. A shirttail cousin of mine had a dozen or so laying round in various stages of disassembly all making parts for the two trucks he had run. I am guessing that he ran them until about the early 1950s By the time I was cognizant, he was running KWs and the Army trucks were succumbing to the blackberries. But, there were common immediately after WW II.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not sure how I missed that picture! How about a picture of it's next of kin?
Big Bernie.jpg
This picture must have been from around 2000 at a open house at a quarry the company has a few miles from the one I worked at for 45+ years. I and another guy at the shop were tasked with getting it running. I'm sure some have read about that project other places on this forum. Not sure where it is these days or what condition it is in.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Many (excluding this forum) wouldn't understand you were referring to the model designation, not the air conditioning....:D
Well as it has no doors there is pretty good air flow, but the fact that the radiator is behind the engine it might not be that cool!