• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
He was probably sport'n a brownie by 8 am.:oops:

Woods boss was always suspect of gut wrappers (belts) and dashboards (bib overalls.)

Weyerhaeuser safety book I was handed in the late 60's said that suspenders were required. When you were running for your job, or your life, suspenders were guaranteed to keep your pants up. When I started, it was Lee "Can't Bust 'em 88s with a button fly. older gents on the crew wore 77's which had a zipper fly. Then Lee went fashion conscious about the late 70s and dropped both lines.

Truck Shop

Lived around loggers most my life I know why they wear guy wires, hickory shirts and short jeans and
Whites boots. What I don't under stand is why a Cat mechanic thinks he needs the same dress.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Woods boss was always suspect of gut wrappers (belts) and dashboards (bib overalls.)

Weyerhaeuser safety book I was handed in the late 60's said that suspenders were required. When you were running for your job, or your life, suspenders were guaranteed to keep your pants up. When I started, it was Lee "Can't Bust 'em 88s with a button fly. older gents on the crew wore 77's which had a zipper fly. Then Lee went fashion conscious about the late 70s and dropped both lines.
We still had 77's & 88's until 91 here. That's when I got my first pair of Carhartt jeans. Those have been discontinued now also.
Maybe the world is signaling me?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I spent many hours inside Link-Belt 98 and 108 loggers.

I wore the hickory shirts and braces for years when working on friction machines. The open gear dope for some reason would come out of those shirts after two three washings. Never wore flannel around turning gears and shafts and never worn a belt when crawling through those machines. Synthetic cloth was just terrible for burning and welding and I have the scars to prove it. Spray the sleeves of a cotton hickory shirt down with starch and the sparks and hot drips would just bounce off. I also wore the old railroad hats. Turn the bill towards the back and pull the hat over your ears and then have to try to slide up by the vertical shafts in the carbody. The oil and gear dope got stuck on your hat and not so much in your hair. Never owned a set of corks and only wore the wranglers for a little while. The wide legs kept getting caught on sharp stuff inside those machines.

Love the photos but the green KW is just sad.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I bought a dozen pair of the size that I wore at that time and the next size larger. Sad because I'm down to only about 4 pair left and I'm afraid to take the tags off them and wear them now.