• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Antique Galion grader with tracks

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Here are a couple pictures of my friends old tracked grader , thought it stood out in the crowd too .

Attachments

• galiongraderontracks2.jpg
    galiongraderontracks2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,480
  • galiongraderwithtracks1.jpg
    galiongraderwithtracks1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2,743

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
No,
He is not going to restore it, he just has a serious problem of bringing home old iron , ha,ha. And I love it !!

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Think that was called a Sure Grip converion, I have pics of one in an AC book of mine. Wished he'd retore it but at least its not going to get torched.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
sorry about the double post, Reminds me whne I worked in the MS delta. I saw an old Cat grader and an old Wabco cutting drainaged ditches and they had some over the tire tracks and the dump trucks had a section of old APC tank tracks that the guide rail fit beween the duals nicely they hauled off spoil and stuff from the terraces.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
He told me he really likes it, so no torching it. When his wife gets mad at him, she always threatens him with going to get the torch and head out to the salvage yard in their back yard, OUCH !!