1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Anti Slip Matting/Coating for Steel ramps.

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by Livetoride, May 25, 2016.

1. Livetoride

Livetoride Member

Hey guys, I have a steel tag along float that has a timber deck. I have a 4 tonne roller thats a steel drum on the front and rubber on the back which im having lots of trouble loading. It has 2 ramps so I run the roller up one ramp but it always seems to slip on the "Lugs" that are welded to the ramps for tyre grip. Ive tired some rubber that came off a converor belt which works but as soon as the drums wet or the rubber is its dangerous. Ive tried some lengths of 90x45 timber but they brake and its not good for balance

Just wondering how other guys go about this issue? My next idea was to get a winch with a remote thats strong enough for the weight of the roller and use it to pull the front of the roller up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks