1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

ANSI 3 rain gear

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by philpac33, Feb 17, 2014.

1. philpac33

philpac33 New Member

I am required to wear fluorescent orange or yellow rain gear with ANSI class 3 reflective striping(Public Works, Transportation) The 2 sets I've used were both great at keeping me highly visible, day and night. What it didn't do well was keep me dry. I've seen high visibility rain gear online using a Gore-Tex membrane but they are out of the price range my boss allows for rain gear. Has anyone used any ANSI 3 rain gear that kept them dry for $200 or less?

2. JWDESIGNS

JWDESIGNS Member

Look at galls.com they have a big selection, company geared toward police/fire/ems, but if they're good enough for heroes surely good enough for other professionals too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Common now, it never rains in Washington State?

At least it never makes it through the moss on my back!

4. eric12

eric12 Well-Known Member

carhartt makes a great rain suit that is more like a carhartt material than a rain suit material and it breaths well so its comfortable all day and keeps you dry. I've had mine for a few years and it works great.