• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another premature failure

Vetech63

Above is the charge pressure filter and canister housing. Charge pressure is supposed to be 400 PSI, which it has until I stroke the pump to drive the motors......then it drops to 75 PSI. The system is fully contaminated and pretty much everything is going to have to be torn down for repair and cleaning. Im waiting on Bomag to contact me, doubtful there will be any assistance. How do I end up with this crap?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
As you already KNOW.. contamination is not covered..
UNLESS you can prove it was left IN THE SYSTEM at the time of build..
I had a deutz that had small black plastic shards in the fuel tank.. so much.. it clogged the outlet of the tank.
It was from the fuel tank install at the factory.. someone forgot to clean the tank after it was drilled..

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Contamination from the failure of components native to the machine is covered under all warranties I've dealt with in the last forty years. You do have to be sure and check the terms of the warranty to make sure you are within the time frames.

Vetech63

Well, I heard today that the machine was severely stuck a couple of weeks ago. I was told they pushed it out with a dozer. I suspect the intense pressure from the pushing probably broke something in a drive motor...…..and the rest is history. I cant start on this machine for at least another week but I will update with photos when I get started.

Vetech63

This project got delayed by the customer right after I posted this...……...until now. Progress reports coming soon.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
This project got delayed by the customer right after I posted this...……...until now. Progress reports coming soon.

Vetech, We need that done by next Monday is that going to be a problem?

Just kidding, I can only hope your real customer understands the extent of this project. Even after cleaning everything it's going to be touch and go for sometime those little bits can find all kinds of places to hide.

Good luck!

ken

Vetech63

Got delayed again. Another 2 pieces of equipment are prioritized over this roller. Ill get back on this in a couple more weeks.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
And the filter only catches a fraction, right. That's Hydrostatic? So the rest of the grenade returned to the pump to wreak more havoc?

Vetech63

And the filter only catches a fraction, right. That's Hydrostatic? So the rest of the grenade returned to the pump to wreak more havoc?
I cant prove the main pump is bad due to the fact that it holds steady charge pressure at 400 PSI. The case drain hose on this motor had several pieces stuck in the elbow that wouldnt pass through the hose ID so theres that. The reaf diff pump has no signs of contaminants that I have found as of yet. the front drum pump has definitely had small, fine material run through the pump, that I feel certain about.

Vetech63

Well, its obvious that Bomag doesn't want these rebuildable. Ive priced a 1/3 of the parts and the cost is already at 13k to rebuild this motor. A new motor is 3-4 weeks out. I did find a source for the same parts ALOT cheaper and they are OEM. I'll post this company's info when I get the rest of this priced out. You wont believe how much different the cost is.:eek: