• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another Day of Dirt Diggin

big ben

Thanks, great video but why are the trucks loaded to less than 1/2 capacity ? Steep terrain going out of the pit ?

DiggerDaze

Thanks, great video but why are the trucks loaded to less than 1/2 capacity ? Steep terrain going out of the pit ?

I'm not involved with the process but the two schools of thought at the time were older rock trucks that may have been restricted in some way and as you mentioned a wet load being carried up a steep grade. Newer trucks with higher capacity (scales on the side) did show up about 6 weeks later but the originals are still on the go.

390eric

Looks like a lot of wasted time, money and fuel to me. Not really knowing whats going on there, but didnt see one full bucket, or even anything productive going on. If I sent trucks out like that, I wouldnt have a job. Then again, I have never worked in a mine before.

BIGKAT Kev

I agree, that 1 truck sent out like that is an OOPSY, 2 trucks will get you 2 checks but I also agree that it looks like the main loading area is down below and it looks like there cleaning up the road that appears to have washed from above......I had a super that would tell you once," they don't have 1/2 pay for 1/2 full trucks, so fill it up or there are plenty of people that can!" He would stand there and toss rocks on a loaded truck passing by and lord help you if it didn't roll off n hit the ground......I saw more than 1 operator move from loading unit operator to truck driver or worse, like 390eric said waste of time, money and fuel......