• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Annunciator lights gotta be SEEN!

towbar

Occupation
retired
I brought these lights up in another thread but there *is* a safety angle so here goes. My 1987 Cat-426 dash annunciator lights were of the classic incandescent type that you could barely see in the dark (when no one is working) and not at all in sunlight (when most operators are). The sockets were shot so I repaired them before changing the bulbs to LED's. The entire job went fine until I discovered that except for the turn signal flashing arrows the other three were WRONG DIRECTION current for LED's. For these I also had to crosswire the socket to make them work. The short of the long is that now they are blindingly *bright even in sunlight*, no longer will I have to squint and shade with my hands while the rig goes off the deep end.

One opicture shows the sunny disposition (panel actually shaded), the other picture shows the lights' brightness.

Attachments

• all-up-1000.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • annunciator-led-800.png
    682.3 KB · Views: 17