1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

And You Thought Those Other Vandalism Pics Were Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by 9420pullpan, Aug 19, 2006.

1. 9420pullpan

9420pullpan Senior Member

just found these

mvc029spo1.jpg

mvc034sfj0.jpg

mvc035shc2.jpg

mvc037sfc1.jpg

mvc038sce6.jpg

2. 9420pullpan

another pic

mvc039stn7.jpg

3. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

How senseless!! Just sickening

4. bigHD

bigHD Member

Good lord! What is wrong with these people!?!?:confused:

5. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Senior Member

Pullpan, any info on the story behind what hapened to these??

6. tylermckee

tylermckee Senior Member

Looking at these pics of mutilated equipment is about as bad as seeing a mutilated person, maybe even worse. Makes my stomach churn:spaz

7. 9420pullpan

i do not know the story behind this one. i will do my best to find out. i just dont why someone would do this. ir look like the same scenery as the last set......

8. 9420pullpan

alright i got the story. here is the quote

The owner was not a contractor. He owns a plantation and his son caught the four culprits in the act. They also destroyed 46 grand Live Oaks On the plantation. they used a 330 to destroy the other 2. apparently it was somewhere in south carolina

but those trees wow that u cant replace i wonder what they will be charged with especially if it is a small town with a judge who knows the owner of the plantation

9. tylermckee

tylermckee Senior Member

Does look similar to the last pics, if it is that guy must have some pretty big balls, and/or not much of a brain to, most likely the later.

Any more pictures, or a full story on what happened when they caught the guys?

10. RonG

RonG Charter Member

heavy equipment operator
    I first thought it was a guy I used to work for but the counterweight wasn't scuffed up enough on that 320.No such luck,he would have had it coming!!Ron G:) :)

11. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I'm surprised the culprits have an opportunity to go to court. Many times things are handled differently in the South.

12. rino1494

rino1494 Senior Member

Holy hell, how can someone do such damage to a innocent machine :mad:

13. CascadeScaper

CascadeScaper Senior Member

2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
    If I ever found out that someone ruined any of my machines, I'd give them more of a beating than life in prison ever will.

14. Orchard Ex

Orchard Ex Super Moderator

Steve, you mean like:

Sheriff - "Did you see 'em?"
    Owner - "Uhh, nah.. I guess not..."
    Sheriff - "Looks like ya dug a big hole over there and filled it in... What was that for?
    Owner -"Aaaa.... That was nuthin... lets go back and get some coffee... don't worry 'bout that hole none..." "I don't think we'll have any more trouble outta them vandals..."

15. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B Administrator

Digger Driver
    Its a sad sad reflection on our society that people are raised with no respect for each other and their possessions. Just remember things like this when you have got some suit telling you you can't smack your child or punish them for poor behaviour.

16. jazak

jazak Senior Member

Thats really sick. I'd take take that 330 put a thumb on it and squizze the crap right outo those guys. Someone did something like that to any of my equipment trust me they wouldn't make it to court. "Hole we don't need a hole, wheres the chipper? :laugh :laugh

17. Dozerboy

Dozerboy Senior Member

Operator
    Honestly before these posts I would have never though vandalism like this was ever committed.

18. tylermckee

tylermckee Senior Member

Same here, i thought the worst that ever happened was some upset tree huggers setting fire to machines, or the drunk neighborhood kids breaking the windows.

19. Ford LT-9000

Ford LT-9000 Banned

Rolling around in the dirt
    The punishment for those people that did that would be shot no ands if or buts.

Seeing the damage done makes me sick :(

20. jmac

jmac Senior Member

Makes me sick also, but just think how the owner felt when he went to work that day. I had my F350 truck burn to ground in front of my eye's, it brought a tears to them and that was nothing like this.