• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AMZ66XT drive speed issue

dwkern

I have a Groves AMZ 66XT Manlift that functions fine with the exception of the drive speed. It moves at about 1/5 of the speed that it should, in both forward and reverse. The machine Is hydraulic drive, with a drive motor for each wheel. I’ve jacked the unit off the ground and each wheel turns at about the same speed in both forward and reverse. It has a low and high speed setting. The wheels only move in high speed. While it seems strange, increasing the engine speed, actually slows down the wheel rotation speed. I have checked the main relief valve and the hydraulic pump puts out the correct pressure and the relief valve relieves at the correct pressure. I have checked the electrical solenoid valves that control the oil flow to the drive motors and they are functioning properly. Any suggestions would be welcome.

dwkern

Problem resolved. I had replaced drive controller since it had quit moving all together. Apparently the new controller was not set properly and did not put out enough current to drive the solenoid valves. After adjusting the controller the speed increased to normal and I have more power to all four wheels than I have had since I owned it. I believe the original drive controller was not functioning properly even when it was working.