• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Amulet equipment

Shimmy1

Screenshot_20220423-162209.png Anyone running Amulet buckets or thumbs? I'm thinking of buying a new tilt bucket. The SEC that I have been using has held up better than everyone expected, but back in 2014 it was only $3500, now they want $10k. I've had to do some welding, and have new cylinders built because the originals were garbage. Also had to replace the center pivot, that is now worn-out again as well as the cylinder mounting holes on the bucket. I have looked at Amulet, Rockland, AMI, and Wimmer. I have a quote on the Amulet, it's about $10k cheaper than the Wimmer. The Amulet is a little less capacity, but weighs the same. The Rockland and AMI prices are CRAZY, over $30k. What do you guys think? Putting it on a PC290.

Columbo

My brother put on an amulet weld on mechanical thumb on a Case 9020B a few years ago. Looked very well made and operated flawlessly until he sold the machine last year. No experience with the buckets, however.

1466IH

I have only installed one of their thumbs on a 590SuperM. It was a weld on hydraulic type and seemed to be good stuff. I did have to make some extra guarding for the hoses/fittings and the rod though to try and keep tree limbs and stuff from ripping off hoses