• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

American Loggers

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
They did get rid of Bonecrusher, he now works for another big outfit out of Jackman, and he likes it from what I understand. They have alot of mechanics but they don't want the spot light, they just want to work.

pierre_volvo

Occupation
Toyota pro-technician
They did get rid of Bonecrusher, he now works for another big outfit out of Jackman, and he likes it from what I understand. They have alot of mechanics but they don't want the spot light, they just want to work.

Thanks for info, I was wondering where the Crusher was,
I am curious to see how the new Macks had taken the beating out in the bush.
Bonecrusher got one, but they bought 2 Macks right? The oldest brother have one if I´m right, but that haven´t been seen in the show this season yet.

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
yeah it seems that they are more worried about showing the trailer fab and sales rather than any of the other stuff. I like the show but that is getting a little anoying, I have met alot of the Brothers and they are not like that in real life. And I don't know if anyone else noticed but Peraly07 was on the show 2 episodes ago.

Mack185

My favorite parts of the show are when they focus on the shop, not so much the new trailer shop but the regular shop. Jeff is probably my favorite guy on the show, Eldon and Larry crack me up too, though.

I keep seeing a black Peterbilt 388/389 in the background but they always change camera angles as soon as it enters the shot. Wonder if It's one of theirs and they plan to highlight it in a future episode or it's just somebody else's truck they work on.

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
The last episode i saw had a new Western Star Tractor. They haven't shown or mentioned the new Mack tractors. Would like to see how they are holding up

Mack185

The last episode i saw had a new Western Star Tractor. They haven't shown or mentioned the new Mack tractors. Would like to see how they are holding up

Well Danny rolled his over so it's outta action. I don't know about the other one.

loggah

Those roads are private and really well maintained, and those trucks have the right-of-way over everything. I spent quite a few years with a few friends of mine traveling those private roads. We were searching for the original Maine heavy woods haulers,Steam and gasoline Lombard log haulers. We met a bunch of the guys that worked there and made a bunch of friends. it took us quite a few years but we eventually gathered up enough log hauler parts to assemble a running steamer, and a running gasoline machine. The old Lombards would pull up to 300 tons of wood on sleds and usually dumped the wood onto the lakes or ponds of northern Maine.One of my old time friends was related to Grover Morrison one of the early heavy haulers. Don

mally

Occupation
supervisor
I saw the black pete almost everyday last fall go through our jobsite on rt.11 or the brownville rd as its know locally. The driver looked like the one that goes by Playboy. It had no lettering except for a Pellitier decal on the cab guard. The Pellitier trucks always came trough our jobsite slowly and you could tell the were paying attention. That is a good thing when you are working in one lane and a 100,000 pound log truck is going by you less than 4 feet away. They were filming a couple of times when they passed through, very cool to see that in real life.

atgreene

How does that work when they haul into Canada on a bush road.....is there some kind of border/customs point there?

Most of the gates are manned part of the day, for trucks only. I know the one at St. Zachery and St. Aurelie you have to have a pass to get through. Been to both, neither allow you to cross w/o a permit, commercial use only. The big maple outfits are all near the end of the Golden Road on the Quebec border, almost all of them enter through there as most are from Quebec.

atgreene

The mill deal is not dead. They got a 60 day extension and the state held a hearing the other day on taking over the hazardous waste dump on the property to make the deal a little sweeter. Someone will buy it.