• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Am I out of line?

mitch504

The real life problem is that, 99 times out of 100, the government inspector has no idea what he's doing, he's just MISinterpreting what it says in his book.

I could give 20 examples from my own experience, but one of the best came when I stood in coastal South Carolina arguing with a building inspector about the frost line.

Welder Dave

You've never seen stories of trailers coming unhitched or breaking causing a major accident or even being severely over loaded? They affect anyone near them. Somehow my saying things like trailers should require inspections means anything and everything should be inspected. I was talking about trailers not anything and everything.

Last edited:

BigWrench55

Life is a series of risks. I put myself and my family's well-being at risk just by driving to work. Then I do it again while working. I only worry about the things that I can control. I can't control the jackass on the highway playing with his phone right before he hits me. I can control how I react to someone that nearly kills me on the highway. Everything involves some sort of risks. I can control how much risk that I want to take. But when I let someone else take charge of my exposure to risk. Then I lose what little control of my personal life I have. I don't wear a seat belt because it's not the states job to make sure that I am safe. I don't wear a helmet when riding. Because again it's not the states job to make sure that I am safe. At home I am probably the worst when it comes to personal safety. I weld things in flip flops. Remove engines without wearing shoes. I don't wear safety glasses when I weedeat. I don't do these things to thumb my nose at safety. I just simply do it because I can. We are grown adults and we should except the ramifications of our decisions good or bad. I went mountain biking once and broke a couple of ribs. I had to miss work because of that. I didn't whine because I thought someone should've been there to make sure I was being safe. I didn't lobby the government to make sure that others don't suffer the same fate that I did. I took my lumps like a man and I made it through.

Welder Dave

I'm sure you'd have a different viewpoint if you lost an eye. You need to set a good example especially if you have kids. There are risks and calculated risks. Some things you have no control over. Other things it's easy to see the risks and prevent them.

BigWrench55

And that is something that I and only I should worry about. And it is also only my concern about how and what I teach my children. I don't need for you or anyone else to worry about my safety.

Truck Shop

In most cases if I see someone {a man} doing something that could hurt them. I tell them--------
Don't expect me to do cpr--giving you cpr would be like reviving a dogs a$$:oops:, a woman well
that's different:).

Welder Dave

If you want to risk your own safety as the regular course of action, you should have to pay for any and all medical expenses because of your choice not to take safety precautions. People taking unnecessary risks and getting injured are a big reason ER's are over crowded. It really sucks for the people that need immediate attention due to no fault of their own.

Welder Dave

You're the one who jumped on someone else's band wagon. That was your choice. I didn't troll you or force you to respond. I merely stated I think trailers should require inspections and you went off the deep end. Awhile later you said trailers in your area do require inspections. Why not say that in the 1st place. Could have avoided a lot of this.