1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Allison tt2421-2

Discussion in 'Wheel Loaders' started by john hofer, Apr 5, 2019.

1. john hofer

john hofer Well-Known Member

Squealing sound coming from top of transmission on case w24b loader,oil pressure is only 125 lbs cleaned strainer ,took pump apart can't see no sign of wear it still drives but seems to be slower it sometimes feels like it all of a sudden jumps in a higher gear.the shifting lever feels as if something is holding it back when I shift, any ideas what could be wrong with this old girl

2. john hofer

Sorry tt2421-1

3. Coy Lancaster

Coy Lancaster Senior Member

service tech
    Sounds like the torque converter bearing.

4. john hofer

Can this be fixed by just removing the motor?

5. Coy Lancaster

service tech
    If it is for sure the torque converter bearing yes it can be.

6. john hofer

Thanks
    Will take a look after planting crops.

7. Coy Lancaster

service tech
    No problem, good luck with crops.

8. The Parts Guy

The Parts Guy Member

Wengers of Myerstown Construction Parts
    I agree. I believe it's the torque converter bearing. It's not a terribly hard job, but there are a few other items to check out while you're tearing it apart.

We help people out with these a lot. Give us a call and we can fix you up with the parts you need to fix it up. (800) 552-5080

512high likes this.
  9. john hofer

Finally getting time to fix this thing the manual says there is a access cover to remove the bolts from the flex plate this one does not have one. His do I remove the first housing that has the drive gear

Attached Files: