• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Chalmers M100 motor grader

Man with a plan

Looking for info and input on the Allis Chalmers M100 graders. There is one for sale local to me I've been thinking about buying. And just wanted some input and info from people more familiar with these machines than I am. Thanks.

Legdoc

I have a M100-C which is a stupid simple, tuff machine. It is crude by todays standard. Parts are hard to find.
As a ranch machine it has paid for itself many times. If you have any specific questions just ask.

Man with a plan

What work/repairs have you had to do to your machine? Is there anything that is a continual issue with these machines? Have you found anywhere that has been of any help as far as parts? Or mainly it's taking parts off salvage machines. Do you know how many hours yours has?

Legdoc

Mostly maintenance items. I have replaced all hoses, belts and tires. The hydraulic boosts always leak. Brake cylinders seem to be a constant issue. I have been running mine 5 years without brakes. Wix filters are available at O'Reilly. I have been trying to get transmission shifter boots for years. Found one. If you needed a gear or shaft it might be a real problem. It is a 50 year old machine. Considering the money I have in it and the amount it saved me on road maintenance at my old ranch and building a new 3/4 mile road at my new place I'm quite pleased with it. It has no glow plugs and always starts fast on a warm day. Cold weather might require a shot of starting fluid. It may sound a bit elementary bit there is a lot of satisfaction being at a fast idle creeping down the gravel road placing the cuttings where you want it dressing things up with ease. I have also used the machine in the fields to knock down giant ant and gopher mounds.