• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

All weight restrictions waived in Florida

T320FL

Starting today Gov. Desantis has waived all weight restrictions during the state of emergency for the hurricane.
So if you want to haul overweight without any hassle in Florida now is the time to move some heavy equipment.
A few years ago when hurricane Michael came through the panhandle of FL weight restrictions were waived for about a month.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Starting today Gov. Desantis has waived all weight restrictions during the state of emergency for the hurricane.
So if you want to haul overweight without any hassle in Florida now is the time to move some heavy equipment.
A few years ago when hurricane Michael came through the panhandle of FL weight restrictions were waived for about a month.
How is that going to affect the bridges ?

T320FL

With all the "contractors" driving into the state we will be flooded with a huge variety of equipment loads. Florida will soon be one of the most productive states in the nation. Rebuilding = jobs = $$.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
it would be much better if it didn’t take a severe weather event to encourage that…

They don't need a severe weather event. There is all the work you want in FL normally. I get GC's asking us to go all the time.

chidog

What Florida really needs is some nice hills and mountains, they need some major earth moving done. The highest point I found in the area I was at, was 25 feet above sea level.