• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

All in a days (or two) work pictures

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
3-17-13 iphone 004.JPG3-17-13 iphone 005.JPG3-17-13 iphone 008.JPG3-17-13 iphone 009.JPG3-17-13 iphone 010.JPG
Another bucket started and finished...........theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
3-17-13 iphone 012.JPG3-17-13 iphone 013.JPG3-17-13 iphone 014.JPG3-17-13 iphone 016.JPG3-17-13 iphone 017.JPG
All went real well and came out pretty decent.........theironoracle

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Nice work, looks excellent. What thickness and metal do you use on the bottom and the cross bars?

theironoracle

Occupation
JBGASH, thanks. 1/2" faralloy 400 bottom and sides and side bar, 3/4" faralloy 400 on cross bars. this bucket was brand new april of 2012 it probably only has 1000 hrs on it. it will take a little longer to get through the bottom this time............theironoracle

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Nice job. Good to see you have the cross strips sussed out. So many still doing them the old way and wrapping them around the roll.

theironoracle

Occupation
thanks guys, just to be forward about the weld picture it IS of the BEST weld on the project, there are others like it but some of my longest weld was about two feet it is just difficult for me at the end of the day to stay in position that long and keep the puddle smooth. i am having a serious issue with a roll of .052 i will show you pictures of that and maybe someone can confirm what i am doing wrong or if it is just a bad roll of wire..........theironoracle

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
can you get a bad roll of wire? I was welding pretty good the other day until I changed to a new roll of wire and then I looked like a beginner. that thought crossed my mind but I didn't know. TIO keep posting pics, I like the logging equipment!

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
a day at the beach

Attachments

• beach4.JPG
    beach4.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,228
  • beach3.JPG
    beach3.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,218
  • beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 2,222
  • beach1.JPG
    beach1.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,218
  • beach2.JPG
    beach2.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,207

theironoracle

Occupation
i am trying to figure out a good power source to power my miller suitcase extreme inside the shop. currently i only use it on my gas drive miller 302 works great but i have to park the truck outside and run the power cables thru the door.......theironoracle

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
tio
on post #81 what is that Vehicle in the back ground?

theironoracle

Occupation
stinkycat, that is a 53' gmc 1/2 ton 5 window..........theironoracle

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
Yair . . . redline Where's that at mate . . . it looks a bit like Bribie and what's the go with the little bundwalls?

Cheers.
hey mate

in the fourth pic u can see about 100m out behind the dumper a sand bar, the small bund wall was the start of an access out there for me to us the PC300LC-8 to load the A25E's

in the last pic u can see me looking back towards where the fourth pic was taken from, the whole plan was to move the channel from where it can be seen in the last pic too 150m to the left to stop erosion of the headland and the sandy cove that is being utilized for swimming, fishing and fitness clubs to do there training on the sand in the mornings but mother nature does not like the channel being moved lol.

it is at lake Currimundi mate, not far from bribie at all.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . redline Gotcha mate. Used to be my home turf around that area . . . mostly chasing flathead on home-made lures in the days before it was fashionable. LOL

Like you, I reckon the engineers are pi$$ing into the wind if they think they can mess with mother nature just with sand . . . but it would probably be a fair haul to bring in any decent rock. It 'ud be a nice job though . . . apart from the sandflies.

Cheers.

Last edited:

theironoracle

Occupation
thanks pipelinemech i left a note in tomv's thread and he had the same suggestion using the xmt 350 cc/cv. i guess i will pick one up the next time i have a large project in the shop.......theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
joe's camera work pics 089.JPGjoe's camera work pics 090.JPGjoe's camera work pics 091.JPGjoe's camera work pics 092.JPGjoe's camera work pics 094.JPG
fridays job, replace a rotec bearing in a log grapple. Also new rotator motor and pinion, the pinion was sharp and teeth were missing in some rotec bearing.....theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
joe's camera work pics 089.JPGjoe's camera work pics 095.JPGjoe's camera work pics 096.JPG
sorry pictures got out of order, ask questions if you need further explanation. The project went as planned which rarely happens, 14,000 HARD HOURS OF USE, NOT BAD ........theironoracle

theironoracle

Occupation
work pics 051.JPGwork pics 053.JPGwork pics 055.JPGwork pics 057.JPGwork pics 060.JPG
your standard head gasket job, failure (pushing water out radiator) after less than 2000hrs as you can see it failed between cylinders 3&4. I found no other problems explaining why it failed, i.e. Not clean in that area, block was good, head flat, liner protrusion good. It didn't hit me until i was i was torquing the head for the 3rd round that maybe the last guy only torqued twice around? Those are the first two head bolts that get torqued in sequence and i bet they are nearly 50ft/lbs light after the second round, sorry about the picture quality time for a new camera my i-phone takes better pics than my camera.............theironoracle