• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Air in hydraulic oil

shaunw7708

Tilt cylinder is bypassing, so I assume that is my problem. Will have to get it rebuilt, looked at the shop manual and I don't have the tools to pull it apart.

shaunw7708

The tilt cylinders don't get hot after a few hours use, I reread the shop manual on how to repack the cylinder and other that a torque multiplier to get the 2000 lbs torque on the head bolts, I shouldn't need any other special tools. Are there any special tricks to taking out the cylinder rod, or do I just pull it out till it stops, then turn it out of the nut. Doesn't really say how tight the nut is on.

rare ss

the nut will be FT (f&^%Kn tight) but if you want a quick fix just pull the head and rod out and change the piston seals you will need a ram bed to remove the cylinder piston (nut) from the rod correctly.. one good thing about Komatsu gear is they have a ring of bolts holding the piston head onto the rod rather than a huge nut so you can fix them in the paddock with ease