1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Aftermarket hydraulic side shift

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Skipo, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Skipo

Skipo Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 new Holland 110lb. It has manual side shift, but I want to add a hydraulic side shift. Can you get aftermarket kits for this.

Cheers in advance.

Skipo

Attached Files:

2. aighead

aighead Senior Member

Whoa! Manual as in you use the hoe to slide it?

Also, is it safe to assume you have a biga$$ saw blade on the end of that thing? Sweet!

3. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Welcome to HEF, Skipo !

4. Skipo

Skipo Member

Yes. You push it from side to side using the hoe. However I can't do it when I have the saw attached to it.

It's a great saw. Cuts Aussie hardwood like butter....

Attached Files:

aighead likes this.
  5. JBrady

JBrady Well-Known Member

I've never been around side shift hoes, but it is hard for me to believe something as new as 2008 would not have hydraulics for that function. Leaving that up to an operator to evenly push the hoe over with the dipper and bucket seems like a sure fire way to bend that frame up in short order. Are there mounting points for a cylinder in there and maybe the cylinder was damaged/removed and never put back on. I'd start with the dealer website and look at their parts diagrams and figure out what you have going on.

P.S. - That saw is awesome!

6. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

I think it was common to have manual side shift on the older hoes but you had to tighten bolts up once in the position you wanted and loosen them to move the carriage to a new position. I think you'd also need a way to lock it in position with hyd. side shift. Maybe look and see if JCB has hyd. side shift and how it works.

7. Skipo

Skipo Member

This backhoe side shift locks into place with a hydraulic lock. So you hit a button, it unlocks then you use the boom to slide the side shift across then hit the button again and it's locked in place.

No there was never a hydraulic shifter mounted on this machine. Maybe it was an extra option you could add on. I have emailed a dealer but haven't had a response. That's why I found this form. Also I wanted to see if anyone has done it before as I don't really want to pay over price new Holland parts to do this.

8. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Do you have an extra hyd. valve?

9. Skipo

Skipo Member

I think so. There is an auxiliary line the I think I can hook into

10. Skipo

Skipo Member

Attached Files:

aighead likes this.
  11. Skipo

Skipo Member