• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket Cat parts vendor for 3204 transfer pump

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
Being a dyed-in-the-wool Cat man, I find myself looking for a replacement 1W568 Fuel Transfer pump for my late model 943. After checking the prices from Cat, and looking at fleabay, I find a WIDE difference in price. For the annual hours I put on my loader, I think that it may be worth the chance to try an aftermarket supplier. Can any of you guys give me a thumbs-up or down on any of these vendors? I do hate to waste my money on an aftermarket pump that won't work or last, but the price difference is a big hunk of my coin purse. Thanks for any input or opinions. Regards, Clark

Cmark

Out of interest, what's wrong with yours? They are rebuildable and all parts should be available. There's also a classic part available, 3775859.

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
I am getting only a fraction of the output pressure that is required by the Service Manual. I have not considered rebuilding because the piston and bore are both scored. I assume that the wear is caused by the use of low-sulphur fuel in recent years. Regards, Clark