• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

After work, hobbies & life after the logs are loaded!

wornout wrench

This is my hobby
catrike1.jpg Catrike2.jpg
2013 Catrike Expedition.
When I blew my back out, i could not ride a regular bike anymore, so went with a "Bent"

This thing is a riot, plus the "WTF is that" factor is fun.

Now, if the weather would just improve. Typical Westcoast right now, Wind, rain, slush, more wind, more rain. Lots of rain.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Wornout Wrench I am interested in Electric bikes and you can get a electric assist in your bent bike. As my Mt. bike days are getting less each year.

wornout wrench

Wornout Wrench I am interested in Electric bikes and you can get a electric assist in your bent bike. As my Mt. bike days are getting less each year.

It has an assist on it. An older Bionix.
Bent's don't do hills as well as a diamond frame, you can't stand on the pedals.
And with a bad back and 2 worn out knee's, the assist is a god send. (I'll leave the terribly out of shape part out)

The assist that I have right now will be going away soon and a new one going on with a much larger battery on it. I want to increase my range.

There is a huge ebike community out there. A few minuets with Mr. Google and you can get overloaded with information. But a few good places to start looking are here
http://www.ebikes.ca/learn.html
and here
https://www.electricbike.com/
and here if you really want to get technical (these guys leave me in the dust pretty quick, some smart people on here)
https://endless-sphere.com/

There are tons more.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
My problem is I have a full suspension Brodie Knack which is more bike than I really need. http://www.brodiebikes.com/2009/bikes/knack.php and do not want to spend a ton of money and if I get a new bike what do I do with the Brodie. I keep one now in Parksville at the daughters so 2 is enough the wife says. In this months Electric Bike they are testing a Terratrike, might be like yours.

wornout wrench

My problem is I have a full suspension Brodie Knack which is more bike than I really need. http://www.brodiebikes.com/2009/bikes/knack.php and do not want to spend a ton of money and if I get a new bike what do I do with the Brodie. I keep one now in Parksville at the daughters so 2 is enough the wife says. In this months Electric Bike they are testing a Terratrike, might be like yours.

Nice bike. The suspension system is nice for us, ahem, older gentlemen that don't like the rough ride anymore.

Honestly, a conversion would not cost that much and then you would be able to keep the brodie. Lots of kits out there.

Which copy of Electric Bike are you referring too, once again, lots of them out there.

Terratrike have been out there for awhile. Usually see good reviews for them.

The reason that I bought the Catrike was because there was one for sale locally. Trikes are pretty rare in my part of the world but they are catching on. I didn't want the assist, but now that I have it, I would never go back.

I am quite happy with the Cat, I wanted a suspended bike, I was worried that the jarring would hurt my back. It doesn't bother me, in fact I can sit on the bike for hours and hours.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Most of you know about my Grizzly Truck.I also own some other toys.This is my 1936 Diamond T 212BD.My dad bought it in 1968 and I inherited the truck in 1988.Currently powered by a Ford 300 I6 but I have a Cummins 4BT and 5spd here for it..Restoration by me.aab (2).jpg sept0700005.jpg IMG_0785_p001_012. (2).jpg IMG_0786_p001_013. (2).jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
The Chevelle and the Monza Spyder were my brothers.That pic would be 1991.Only bowtie car worth mentioning that I owned was a 64 Nova factory V8 car...

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well I was planning on spending some of the cold days puttering with one of the old Yamaha XS650's I have.

But seems like the County Highway Department has other ideas. Just since the first of the year my mail box has been hit by the wing plow eight times, twice in the last three days! The only good thing is about 36 years ago I decided instead of trying to dig another hole in the bead rock at the front of the property that I would use an old milk can as a base for a free standing mailbox.

For some reason in the last two to three years the number of hits have skyrocketed! And I don't count the times it has been hit by a car during the summer or the times there is no actual contact with the plow only the "snow wave" coming off the wing plow.

It's so bad now that I made a form from 3/4 plywood to use as a buck to beat the box back in shape and also keep a spare repaired box on the shelf for quick changes.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
It was just a catchall box. I was bored one day so I started building them.
It's actually really easy.

diamondtguy

Occupation
I built one a few years for my GF.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/twin-turbocharged-chevy-ii-ss-build-to-turn-a-wish-into-reality/[/QUOTE]

Very nice and for a worthy cause.I bet it pulls hard.
I am a life long Mustang guy.This is my 67.I have had this one for about 12 years and it was finished a couple of years ago.They made 26 Trans Am Mustangs and this is a fairly accurate replica of them.Engine is a full roller 289.Car is a riot to drive and rather loud with the side exhaust.IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0593.JPG

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
It was just a catchall box. I was bored one day so I started building them.
It's actually really easy.

Spoken like many real artists!

I think some famous sculpture once said when asked how he could do such great work repied something to the effect: "It's really easy, just get a large block of marble and cut away everything that does not look like your subject!"

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
That mustang is very cool!!
I grew up next door to Jim VanCleve in Morton and they had one of every cool factory Ford muscle & racecar built.
My favorite was either the Pantera, Boss 429 Mustang or the 63 1/2 427 Galaxy.

Truck Shop

Funny-I've owned three 66 Fairlanes-1 GTA with a custom built 428 built to 427 specs with 14 bolt heads. 1 GT 390 4sp. 1 GTA 390 daily driver. I built these cars while working
automotive machine.

Funny part is I use to frequent Renegade Race Way in Yakima and Seattle International Raceway mainly to see VanCleve running his 427 Fairlane. I loved watching that car
launch and shut down a BBC or big Mopar.

Truck Shop

bd30ed76fcaeb747b6aa0c234cdbe74d.jpg