• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

After work, hobbies & life after the logs are loaded!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
At the suggestion of a member wiser than myself, here is a thread for us to post our after hours hobbies & pastimes.

Here are a few of mine. 00u0u_5m4w4Overss_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00707_61VSefP4dmR_600x450.jpg
    00707_61VSefP4dmR_600x450.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DHR Motorsports shirt proof.jpg
    DHR Motorsports shirt proof.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 01212_jNqyFQ80aAS_600x450.jpg
    01212_jNqyFQ80aAS_600x450.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 80

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Yes they are, you pull them out the back and you can lift the car up just like a wheelbarrow. Until I put a turntable on the car, that is how I turned it.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Those are some nice mean looking cars. Over the years I have been into a lot of different things. Used to race dirt oval cars. ride dirt bikes. still ride around on a KLR 650. Still ride snowmobiles in the mountains. mostly MT and ID. I will dig up some pictures.
For the last 15 years I have been flying, 602 3.jpg
Also some guns. A guy needs to be well rounded.. LOL

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I love flying!
I started the process to getting licensed and just never finished.
I wanted to go to helicopter pilot school in the early 2000s when I worked for Columbia Helicopters.

Truck Shop

Every year a group of track speeder owners come here to Walla Walla and run the rails.

For me it's my pen and ink art work, it's quite no noise. Not to many artist do it anymore kind of a lost art people want photos.

Truck Shop

Log Truck.jpg Model A.jpg

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Truck,
Those are phenomenal pieces!
My father did a lot of drawing & art until his hands got too bad for it. My GF does quite a bit also and it's just amazing what you guys can do. Pure skill & talent.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
What an awesome idea!!

Thank you all for showing us your hobbies other than jaegers, smashed thumbs & stranded skylines!!

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

Two of my brothers and three cousins all worked on the section gangs on the Soo Line many years ago. Any time one asked them where they were going they would respond, "hell on a hand car, want to help pump". I think they shot more ruffled grouse off the speeders in the fall than most of us did hunting hard.