• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advice on purchasing ET

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Hi
We really need to buy cat ET for our Earthmoving and quarrying business ,does anyone have any advice/experience on the best way to go about it newest version and cost etc.

Many thanks Steve

Cmark

If you own Cat equipment and want it for your own use then buying a comm adapter and a customer version of ET should be simple. Contact your Finning PSR and let them know.
Pros: Access to technical support.
Cons: Expensive. Yearly subscription. Customer level access.

If, on the other hand, you need ET to run anything like a business that Finning consider to be a competitor to their own service department then you're out of luck. You will need to buy a comm adapter off ebay or elsewhere and licence ET from one of the shadier corners of the internet.
Pros: Cheap. Perpetual license (if you know where to look). Dealer level access.
Cons: You really need to know what you're doing.

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
We have around £2 million of cat equipment that we can't repair properly without it so i want the best version possible and as cheaply as I can buy it.
We are very unhappy with the call out charges we are being hit with from Finnings they want £1200 just to fit an intake pressure sensor, clear codes and perform a forced regen on a D6t the sensor is on top of this.
I will have ET one way or another by the end of next week, we are not in the business to be held to ransom

BigWrench55

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
i have personally used EP catalogues for a number of years now. they have very good backup and will install on your computer via team viewer
I recently upgraded to 2020 and had a small issue which they resolved instantly
There is no additional charges for there help

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Does anyone have the part number for the correct comms adapter please

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
3177485 is the cat part number. You can get kits with the cables and go wireless too
Just google Cat com adapter 3.